Today's cookie is a perfect combination of snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies. We spiced up the cookie dough with a homemade blend of Pumpkin Spice, then rolled them in cinnamon sugar for a soft chewy cookie with a sweet sugary crust.
Pumpkin Cookies vs Pumpkin Spice Cookies
To clarify today's recipe, these cookies are flavored with pumpkin spice not pumpkin puree.
I took a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe and added pumpkin spice to it then rolled each cookie in cinnamon sugar before baking. The result resembled that of a snickerdoodle- soft and chewy inside with a crisp exterior.
Perfect for fall and winter, these Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies won't last long in the cookie jar.
- Can I make these with pumpkin puree? Yes, absolutely but it will change the texture slightly. If you wish to have more of a pumpkin flavor and colour to your batter add 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree. Your cookies will be softer and more moist than usual but it will still work for this recipe.
- Can I make these gluten free? Absolutely! I don't suggest swapping AP flour entirely for just one other kind. When it comes to gluten free baking I always opt for a blend. You can use a store-bought blend or make one at home like one I have here or here.
- Not a fan of cinnamon what else can I use in place? Allspice, cloves, cardamom, and nutmeg are great substitutes. A little goes a long way with cardamom and cloves so remember that when baking. A dash mixed into the sugar should still give you that warm spicy note without being too overpowering.
Other Pumpkin Spice Recipes to Love
- Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles - Soft and slightly chewy, Snickerdoodles are an irresistible treat and for good reason. Traditionally rolled in cinnamon sugar, we’re playing into that sweet and warmly spiced profile with the addition of pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pumpkin Spice Biscotti - Warm and sweet, these Pumpkin Spiced Biscotti evoke all the flavors and feelings of the cozy season. With just a drizzle of white chocolate and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar, these are perfect served alongside your favorite hot beverage.
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins - Plump raisins and sweet pecans make these Pumpkin Spice Muffins a quintessential autumn treat that can be enjoyed any time of day.
As an Amazon Associate I earn a small commission from any purchases made through the affiliate links within this post. For more information on this please see our disclosure policy. Thank you!