Soft, chewy, sweet, and gooey- these S’mores inspired Chocolate Chip Cookies are pretty damn irresistible and for good reason. They boast of nutty browned butter, marshmallows, bits of graham crackers, and lots of dark chocolate sprinkled throughout.
For many, this year has felt like one long bad dream, and yet in the blink of an eye, we have neared the end of August and now prepare to welcome a whole new season and hopefully some semblance of stability and order back into our lives. I touched on this lightly in my previous post, but while I was discussing my relief that there are only four months left to the year, my mother was quick to remind me never to wish time away- “we never know what next year holds”.
Her words gave pause for reflection. Lately, I’ve felt restless with my current ‘routine’ and though many of us joke about the 2020 time loop, there is a sense of comfort if you will, in having stability in a time as uncertain as these. It’s important to fall into a rhythm, I’ve come to learn as I’ve gotten older. Often in the rapid-paced world we live in, we’re tricked into feeling that having a routine is a sign of complacency- routines hold us back and leave us feeling like we’re stuck in quicksand. Yet, having a sense of assurance in what you do and how you live your life is what everyone spends their lives trying to attain.
So, here you are, right now in this moment, forced to pause. Let’s embrace the one thing we are certain we will not get back- time.
Here at LTG we’ve been shifting our focus on August-to-autumn recipes and to kick off the series we have one of my favorites- S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies. An ode to the waning days of the season and a perfect treat to enjoy on the lingering evenings of the summer.
I’m kicking things up a little swapping the traditional softened butter with melted brown butter for added richness and subtle nutty flavor. Please try to refrain from eating the dough, I know it’s going to be a struggle but it will be worth it in the end.
More Cookies to Love
Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – We’re whipping up a batch of cookies featuring one of my absolute favorite flavor pairings – peanut butter and chocolate, combined with a decadently chewy, super-moist texture.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies – Keeping to the easy process of making cookies, this gluten free batch is still so simple to whip up in a snap. Not only is it free of gluten, but it is also nut free. They are thin and crispy but the center is melt-in-your mouth soft!
Chocolate Potato Chip Cookies – Sweet, salty, crisp, yet soft inside, these Chocolate Potato Chips are a fun and delicious twist on the beloved Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Double Fudge Cake Mix Cookies – If you’re craving something sweet and need something to make in a pinch, then look no further. With just four simple ingredients you can have a batch of cookies in 10 minutes.
Brown Butter S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen cookies 1x
- 1 cup AP flour
- 2/3 cup bread flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter until starts to bubble and turns to a deep brown. Remove from the heat and let cool until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and beat again until a soft cookie dough forms. Add the marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate chips, just until incorporated.
- Using a rounded tablespoon or a cookie scooper, line the cookies out on the prepare baking sheets, leaving 1-inch of space between each. Taking the back of spoon, slightly flatten each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the marshmallows are slightly golden.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and leave to set for a few minutes before serving.
Cookies will keep for about five days if stored in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 24 cookies
If You Enjoyed Today’s Recipe…
Be sure to follow us on Instagram to stay up to date with all things Living the Gourmet, and for more great recipes, tips and tricks.
Did you make this recipe?0