This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #BakeBetterCookies #ChewyChocolateChipCookies
Today, we’re whipping up a batch of cookies featuring one of my absolute favorite flavor pairings – peanut butter and chocolate, combined with a decadently chewy, super-moist texture.
Whether to have on hand as quick “sweet bites,” or as light desserts, or as a treat with your afternoon coffee, these cookies are a year-round must have.
Why You’ll Love These Chewy Cookies
1) Super Simple Recipe. This recipe features just ten ingredients, a prep time of well under an hour, and the most basic preparation process out there, meaning these cookies are accessible for all skill levels.
2) Something for Everyone. From the chewy texture to the chocolatey sweet flavor profile, these cookies pair as deliciously with a glass of milk as they do with a cup of black coffee, meaning there’s something here for every palate.
3) They Last. With no refrigeration needed, these cookies store nicely for up to a week in airtight containers at room temperature, while keeping their decadent texture the entire time.
Ingredients – Tips and Pointers
1) Karo® Corn Syrup. Although traditionally used for baking during the holiday season, this item is not just for pecan pie at Thanksgiving. On the contrary, this ingredient is what gives today’s cookies their enviable chewy texture. As a side note, I do prefer Karo® Corn Syrup due to their over a hundred years of reliable quality as the leading brand of corn syrup and trusted over multiple generations. Beyond that, this is just a great product to have on hand in general, since it has a variety of uses, such as a topping for pancakes, as an ingredient in various pies, such as pecan and pumpkin, and virtually any cookie recipe where it adds a soft and moist interior and a chewy exterior. Adding Karo® Corn Syrup to your existing recipe will only enhance traditional cookie recipes. Adding this will give you the best, chewiest cookies.
2) The Peanut Butter. While you can use you’re preferred variety of peanut butter, I would definitely recommend sticking with creamy peanut butter. Before you ask, yes, you can use natural peanut butter, but just be sure that it’s a brand that doesn’t need stirring, since that will add too much oily moisture to the recipe – and the end result will likely be something far from palatable.
3) The Chocolate. I would stick with dark chocolate, your choice of chunks or standard chips, either will do. Milk chocolate would likely land these cookies a bit on the sweet side, but that’s purely a matter of preference. Feel free to experiment.
Other Great Uses For Today’s Star Ingredient
1) Sweet Potato Pie. My recipe for this classic can be found here. With an added four ounces of Karo® Corn Syrup, the sweetness factor gets turned up a fair few notches, while the texture is given a slightly more creamy-sticky consistency.
2) Pudding Pie. Pudding is a great place where a touch of today’s star ingredient will enhance the sweetness and texture. Simply add two tablespoons into the pudding mixture, and you’re good to go.
Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 60 cookies 1x
- 2 3/4 cups AP flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Karo® Corn Syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand-mixer, cream butter, peanut butter, sugars, Karo® Corn Syrup, and eggs. Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until a soft cookie dough comes together. Add chocolate chips and mix again on low speed until combined.
- Chill the cookie dough for about 30 minutes before baking.
- Shape about 1 heaping tablespoon worth of dough into balls, flatten, and make a crisscross pattern with the back of fork on each. Place each cookie about 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, just until lightly golden around the edges.
- Transfer to a wired rack and let cool before serving.
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
For more inspiration, visit the Karo® Corn Syrup cookie and bar recipe page.
Did you make this recipe? If so, let me know in the comments down below, or post a picture to Instagram or to Pinterest, and I’ll give you a shout out on Instagram, or post your pin to one of my Pinterest boards! Also, follow along with Karo® on Facebook for more delicious treats!
Enjoy with Love!18
Chocolate and peanut butter are a great team! These cookies look very tempting.
Oooh, I LOVE the thickness (and chewiness) of these peanut butter cookies! I would have trouble restraining myself around these gems!
Peanut butter and chocolate is easily one of my favorite dessert combos and this chewy cookie recipe looks so good! I can see these getting made all the time.
Peanut butter is my favorite! I could eat these every day.
Cookies are my favorite and these look absolutely delicious! I can’t wait to try these!
Well, I guess I know what I’m making this weekend. Those look seriously delicious. I must have them in my life!
Heidy L. McCallum says
These Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies look so good!!! I haven’t made a batch of cookies in almost a year and have been looking for a good sound recipe to make because I am craving them so badly! I think I found the perfect recipe!
Krissy Allori says
So chewy and delicious! It’s a perfect combination!
Veena Azmanov says
This is surely mouth melting and chocolaty. I love the Peanut Butter flavor for a change. Awesome.
These sound and look so delicious! Thank you for sharing and I am sure you thoroughly enjoyed them 🙂
Kita Roberts says
This Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies looks really yummy! Love to have this anytime of the day! Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Gosh, these cookies make me so mouthwatering and I am pretty sure these made very good afternoon snacks. I love peanut butter, glad it is one of the ingredients.
DAVID J MYERS says
Hi Catherine, We love cookies…just finished a big batch of my wife’s soft and chewy molasses cookies! Unfortunately for my weight, I ate 4 of them last night. Love peanut butter and love chocolate so these cookies of yours would be a big hit in our house! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
Sue-Tanya Mchorgh says
I am loving this fusion of peanut butter and chocolate chip Idea. I can’t wait to try this. I am curious to know how it would taste.
These cookies are a throwback to my childhood! My mom used to make them just like this all the time! So good
YUM! I want to make these for the family this week. I bet they would love them.
You just combined two of my most favorite things!
Myrah Duque says
These cookies look really good. The peanut butter and chocolate chip is a marvelous idea.
Thank you for the inspiration! I haven’t used Karo in a while – usually break it out for Christmas baking!
alexandra cook says
Ooh. I can’t wait to make this! cookies are one of my all-time favourite desserts, and I make every recipe I find. This one looks tasty!
i love baking for my kids and the always loved it! now i have something new to try baking
Jackline A says
Going through this post is making me want something sweet. I am excited to try this recipt.
I would love a cookie please. I yearn for chewy warm cookies!
Can you use dark and light corn syrup interchangeably?
Living the Gourmet says
Hi Gina, yes you can use dark and light corn syrup interchangeably however, using dark will of course change the color, and the flavoring is slightly different. The dark is more similar to caramel/molasses while the light corn syrup is more similar to sugar.
I’ve made these several times, and they are amazing.
Thank you for sharing!