This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #BakeBetterCookies #ChewyChocolateChipCookies
Today, we’re whipping up a batch of cookies featuring one of my absolute favorite flavor pairings – peanut butter and chocolate, combined with a decadently chewy, super-moist texture.
Whether to have on hand as quick “sweet bites,” or as light desserts, or as a treat with your afternoon coffee, these cookies are a year-round must have.
Why You’ll Love These Chewy Cookies
1) Super Simple Recipe. This recipe features just ten ingredients, a prep time of well under an hour, and the most basic preparation process out there, meaning these cookies are accessible for all skill levels.
2) Something for Everyone. From the chewy texture to the chocolatey sweet flavor profile, these cookies pair as deliciously with a glass of milk as they do with a cup of black coffee, meaning there’s something here for every palate.
3) They Last. With no refrigeration needed, these cookies store nicely for up to a week in airtight containers at room temperature, while keeping their decadent texture the entire time.
Ingredients – Tips and Pointers
1) Karo® Corn Syrup. Although traditionally used for baking during the holiday season, this item is not just for pecan pie at Thanksgiving. On the contrary, this ingredient is what gives today’s cookies their enviable chewy texture. As a side note, I do prefer Karo® Corn Syrup due to their over a hundred years of reliable quality as the leading brand of corn syrup and trusted over multiple generations. Beyond that, this is just a great product to have on hand in general, since it has a variety of uses, such as a topping for pancakes, as an ingredient in various pies, such as pecan and pumpkin, and virtually any cookie recipe where it adds a soft and moist interior and a chewy exterior. Adding Karo® Corn Syrup to your existing recipe will only enhance traditional cookie recipes. Adding this will give you the best, chewiest cookies.
2) The Peanut Butter. While you can use you’re preferred variety of peanut butter, I would definitely recommend sticking with creamy peanut butter. Before you ask, yes, you can use natural peanut butter, but just be sure that it’s a brand that doesn’t need stirring, since that will add too much oily moisture to the recipe – and the end result will likely be something far from palatable.
3) The Chocolate. I would stick with dark chocolate, your choice of chunks or standard chips, either will do. Milk chocolate would likely land these cookies a bit on the sweet side, but that’s purely a matter of preference. Feel free to experiment.
Other Great Uses For Today’s Star Ingredient
1) Sweet Potato Pie. My recipe for this classic can be found here. With an added four ounces of Karo® Corn Syrup, the sweetness factor gets turned up a fair few notches, while the texture is given a slightly more creamy-sticky consistency.
2) Pudding Pie. Pudding is a great place where a touch of today’s star ingredient will enhance the sweetness and texture. Simply add two tablespoons into the pudding mixture, and you’re good to go.
For more inspiration, visit the Karo® Corn Syrup cookie and bar recipe page.
Did you make this recipe? If so, let me know in the comments down below, or post a picture to Instagram or to Pinterest, and I’ll give you a shout out on Instagram, or post your pin to one of my Pinterest boards! Also, follow along with Karo® on Facebook for more delicious treats!
Enjoy with Love!