“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Weight Watchers, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #WWFoodsAtShopRite http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”
“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Not too long ago, I wrote about snacking healthier and more consciously.
Lately, we have been sharing our experiences in snacking mindfully and offering ideas on how to keep on track.
With the hot summer weather I’ve had a tough go at it, admittedly, reaching for more ice cream pops than I’d like to admit. With that said however, summer is nearly behind us now and it’s time to get back on track.
Let’s not dwell on yesterday but focus on today and look forward to tomorrow.
I’ve always believed that snacking is the blueprint and stepping stone to living a healthy life.
We should never deprive our bodies of food; we must nourish it with the right foods. So here are 5 tips on snacking healthier so you get the most out of your options.
1. Use snacks to your advantage – When you feel a craving coming on, try to reach for foods that will fill nutritional gaps; think more fruits and veggies. If you’re a busy parent on the go or stuck at the office, the best way to make it easier for you to reach for something healthy is to have it ready. Prep fruit slices the night before, squeeze fresh lemon juice over the fruit and refrigerate to keep it fresh until the following day. Alternate and pack veggie sticks with mini cheese slices for the next day.
2. Mix it up – Whether you’re making a trail mix or power smoothie, try to mix protein with natural carbohydrates for lasting energy to get you through the day. Think roasted chickpeas, Greek yogurt and natural granola, or even popcorn which is filled with fiber and satiating whole grain!
3. Keep hydrated – Did you know skipping out on the H20 can actually make you more hungry? Sometimes, the symptoms are the same, so when you’re reaching for a snack your body may actually be craving water. Another reason to make sure you stay hydrated throughout the day.
4. DONT deprive yourself – A little goes a long way. Don’t deny yourself of a ‘fun’ treat or snack once in a while. Reward yourself with something you enjoy. Just remember to practice in moderation.
5. Replace don’t erase – The best way to be sure to reach for the good stuff is to replace the bad. Swap those unhealthy indulgences with Weight Watchers products, which I picked up at ShopRite, without sacrificing taste and convenience. If you’re a chocolate lover keep Weight Watchers Brownie Bliss on hand or try their chocolate candies. One of my favorite treats to make is healthy chocolate candy popcorn with JOLLY TIME Healthy Pop popcorn and just a few of the Weight Watchers chocolate candies chopped over the warm, buttery kernels. It feels like an indulgence minus the guilt!
Living the Gourmet
2 minPrep Time
4 minCook Time
6 minTotal Time
- 1 microwavable packet of JOLLY TIME Healthy Pop popcorn
- 3 candies of any Weight Watchers chocolate candies, your choice (I used the Pecan Crowns and Coconut)
- Follow the directions for the JOLLY TIME popcorn.
- Once the popcorn is done, place in a bowl and sprinkle with chopped candies.
- Serve and enjoy!
When you shop at ShopRite between 9/11 and 9/24, you’ll receive a coupon for $5 off your next purchase when you buy $15 worth of Weight Watchers snacks while supplies last. Select stores will have a sampling event on 9/18 between 10-4, stop by to try great products and get a coupon!
Enjoy with Love!