These decadent brownies are rich and velvety speckled with the caramel and almonds from Snickers candy bars!
As I sit here writing this, I realize that we’ve reached ‘that time of year.’ Which time of year is that? Siting by an upper floor window, imagine looking out at a balmy night punctuated by an ever so slightly chilled breeze. Eyes scan the distance, pools of lamp auras and starlight flicker across river waters, and you see your life passing in the crests of the waves beating against the docks. Beyond still bare willow branches, the early horizon is fading from its cosmic black, the stars dulling away into the void, drab shades of purple and pink straining through the dark, and you wonder what that horizon would look like unstained by streetlights and river lamps. In these hours, the silence is complete, broken only by the occasional ripple of a wave, or the murmur of mischievous night animals.
It’s one of the first real summer evenings, the sort of evening every artist imagines drawing some vast inspiration from, as if over-late nights hold the keys to some forbidden brilliance. Yet, as the saying goes, “The mind is wherever it pleases to be. It is the body that is trapped.” Which is to say, those who hunt for inspiration, have already lost it.
Instead, what’s best at red eyed moments such as these is to simply give into oneself. What else is there really to do? For example, I might indulge a craving, perhaps a bit of chocolate, perhaps a moist brownie prepared with melted caramel and nut candies.
Yes, precisely that, which brings us to today’s recipe, a purely decadent pan of Snickers Brownies, which are the perfect ‘cheat snack’ either late at night, or to lift the spirits during the day . Of course, they’re also sure to be a hit at parties, a perennial crowd pleaser for all ages.
To prepare them we start with a regular brown box mix, add in evaporated milk, cooled black coffee, eggs, vegetable oil, and chopped Snickers bars, then stir. Set in a baking dish, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until they pass the ‘toothpick test’ as shown below.
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 box of brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup black coffee – cooled
- 5 – 6 Snickers Bars (fun size) – chopped (setting (2) bars aside to chop and sprinkle on top of brownie batter)
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- Butter for greasing baking dish
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine the brownie mix, evaporated milk, cooled coffee, eggs, vegetable oil and chopped Snickers bars. Stir batter until all in incorporated well.
- Butter an 8 x 8 inch baking dish and place the batter in the baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining chopped Snickers pieces.
- Bake 30 – 35 minutes or until toothpick test one inch from the edge comes out clean.
- Let cool before gently loosening and removing from pan.
And there you have it, my favorite brownie recipe. What are some of your favorite indulgences? We would love to hear from you.
Enjoy with Love!