Nothing is quite as comforting as warm apples spiced with cinnamon and sugar; such never goes out of style or season. So enjoy life’s small pleasures and savor a slice of this Apple Cinnamon Bundt drizzled in white chocolate.
“Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault
These words speak to me. Perhaps it is because I have seen how quickly life can change. How something we have grown accustomed to – something we have taken for granted, can be gone the next day without a trace remaining.
Those experiences have taught to me to savor and delight in life’s small pleasures.
Take for instance this cake.
There is something satisfying about having cake in the early morning hours, when the world outside is quiet and still; served alongside a fresh cup of coffee and shared with someone you love, over girl talk.
I believe each morning that begins this way is destined to be a good day. If only we could allow ourselves such indulgences more often.
Our theme for this month’s #BundtBakers is cinnamon.
Some either like it or hate it, I find, but I personally love both the taste and warm scent of cinnamon.
I was very pleased when our hostess, Lauren of Sew You Think You Can Cook, revealed February’s theme.
If you have never been to Lauren’s site please take a moment to stop by. We’ve been following her for quite some time and I always enjoy catching up with her on BB’s reveal day. She never disappoints!
Thank you Lauren, for being such a gracious host…we thoroughly enjoyed baking with you this month!
Apple Cinnamon Bundt | #BundtBakers
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 3 apples – peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup raisins – chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tbs. butter – softened
- 4 oz. apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 oz. white chocolate, melted
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees F.
- Generously butter a bundt pan.
- Place diced apples in a bowl. Add the teaspoon of cinnamon and toss.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and toss.
- In a separate bowl combine the sugar, vanilla, apple sauce, sour cream, butter and eggs; beat with an electric mixer until combined well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix. Stir in the apples.
- Place the batter in the prepared bundt pan and top with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool then remove from pan.
- Gently melt the chocolate when ready to drizzle over the cake.
- Serving Size: 1
You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about #BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
And don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month:
- Apple Cinnamon Bundt by Tammy at Living the Gourmet
- Carrot Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Glaze by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Cinnamon Apple Bundt Cake by Christiane at Taking on Magazines
- Cinnamon Apple Jelly Donut Cake by Colleen at Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Cinnamon Bundt Coffee Cake by Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Cinnamon Chocolate and Strawberry Cake by Deepti at Baking Yummies
- Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Cinnamon Crown Cake by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Cinnamon Dolce Coffee Bundt Cake by Felice at All That’s Left are the Crumbs
- Cinnamon Espresso Bundt with Chocolate Ganache by Amanda at The Cinnamon Scrolls
- Cinnamon Pecan Streusel Bundt Cake by Lara at Tartacadabra
- Cinnamon Roll Bundt by Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Cinnamon Swirl Bundt by Sue at Palatable Pastime
- Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Bundt Cake by Bea and Mara at I Love Bundt Cakes
- Cinnamon Toast Bundt by Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cinnamon Toast Bundts by Olivia at Liv for Cake
- Mexican Chocolate Bundt Cake by Mondo at I Bake He Shoots
- Monkey Bread Bundt by Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Spice Toffee Bundt Cake by June at How to Philosophize with Cake
- Red Tea and Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Mary at Los Chatos Chefs
- Six Pound Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake by Rebekah at Making Miracles
- Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake by Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls Bundt by Priya at I Camp in My Kitchen
- Sweet Cinnamon Spice Tea Bundtlettes by Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Tea Chai Bundt Cake by Rocio at kidsandchic
- Tunnel of Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
Now if you want in on a little secret, this bundt was so nice, I baked it twice!
I hope you enjoy it as well…in fact, I know you will.
Please take a look at the rest of this month’s #BundtBakers. There are so many beautiful cakes this month and I am excited to share them all with you.
Also check out this wonderful and informative article on the benefits of cinnamon!
If You Enjoyed Today’s Recipe…
Be sure to follow us on Instagram to stay up to date with all things Living the Gourmet, and for more great recipes, tips and tricks.
Did you make this recipe?
If so, let me know in the comments down below, or post a picture to Instagram, or to Pinterest, and I’ll give you a shoutout on Instagram, or post your pin to one of my Pinterest boards!
Enjoy with Love!2
[email protected]'s Recipes says
Apple and cinnamon…a classic combo, Catherine. The bundt cake looks beautiful and very inviting!
a slice of this delicious cake right now ! Have a good day my dear girls, xoxo
Delious bundt !! I love apple with cinnamon but with these topping is perfect .
Shashi @ RunninSrilankan says
There is so much I adore about this post, Catherine. Not only is this bundt cake filled with warm apples spiced with cinnamon and sugar stunning, but I love your take on the little things! Yes, life can change in a second so cheers to never taking the little things for granted! xo
Shashi @ RunninSrilankan says
There is so much I adore about this post, Catherine. Not only is this bundt cake filled with warm apples spiced with cinnamon and sugar stunning, but I love your take on the little things! Yes, life can change in a second so cheers to never taking the little things for granted. XO
This sounds amazing, I love apple and cinnamon together!
allie @ Through Her Looking Glass says
What a gorgeous bundt cake, so pretty, and I know with the apples inside it is also moist! Mmmmm, perfect with a cup of tea. I am also a cinnamon lover!!! Wish we could share a slice together. XO
Wendy Klik says
Apple cake is one of my favorites. This looks so good!
This cake looks incredible! And your photography is beyond beautiful ♥
I love bundt cakes, and you’re right — apples and cinnamon never go out of season or style. The smell of apples baking is one of the very best, and your house must have smelled so good while this baked. This cake looks delicious!
Rebekah @ Making Miracles says
It looks and sounds wonderful!!
Megan Keno says
This sounds so amazing! I love the glaze topping. I might just have to double that topping recipe when I try to make this!
Mondo | I bake he shoots says
oh my goodness, I love that quote so much. not gonna lie I got a little weepy. by the by your bundt looks divine. i can see why you baked it twice. #Bundtbakers
I love the idea of white chocolate on top of cinnamon!
Sue Lau says
I love apple tea loaf so this naturally sounds perfect for me!
Big Daddy Dave says
Catherine and Tammy, I LOVE apple cinnamon Bundt cake! A little half and half over it and I’m in pig heaven… Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
Tux | Brooklyn Homemaker says
baked apples and cinnamon? Yes please!
Your cake looks sooo delicious and moist, and your photos are just stunning! Well done!
June @ How to Philosophize with Cake says
This does look like a lovely brunchtime cake! Apple + cinnamon is such a classic flavor, I love it 🙂
[email protected] Baking in Pyjamas says
I agree, life can change ever so quickly so I make sure to take out time to do the little things with our loves ones and enjoy every second of the time you have together. I’d love enjoy a slice of this delicious cake Tammy, It sound absolutely divine and perfect for a breakfast indulgence.
Christiane Potts says
I agree with your comment about cinnamon; it’s such a warm, wonderful spice. We think alike as well, since I also made an apple cinnamon bundt this month. I think the combination is perfect; as is your cake!
[email protected] Freshman Cook says
What a beautiful cake!
Lara Tartacadabra says
Always a winner apple and cinnamon and one of my favorites too! Your Bundt looks spectacular! And thanks Catherine for putting these beautiful words in your post 🙂 See you again next month!
Amanda | The Cinnamon Scrolls says
I love apple cinnamon! This sounds delicious! And I like how you used sour cream in the batter — I love using sour cream in cakes! Yum!
Kathia Rodriguez says
Looks very delicious
Such beautiful photos of a stunning cake. Sometimes we all need to take a moment to get away and just enjoy a piece of cake, it is the little things that count and the things that memories are made of. This would be my perfect idea of an ideal moment – a cup of coffee, a slice of apple cinnamon bundt cake, and a good friend to chat with.
Lauren @ Sew You Think You Can Cook says
Thank you for your sweet words and for sharing a beautiful bundt cake with me!