No mayo needed for this refreshing take on egg salad. With Spring less than two weeks away, it’s time to break out our favorite warm weather dishes. Here is a wonderful salad to serve up at your first spring gathering.
As one ages it is pretty certain that one will reflect on life. You wonder; as it comes to light in your mind, the simple process of self-reinvention, yet it is clear that this “re-invention” is simply the process of going home. It may be either in the form of re-evaluating a style, a recipe, a tune or a thought; yet being true to oneself is the “re-invention”.
I find as I reflect that I am enjoying drawing closer and closer to a journey back in time; a much more simple time. A time when flavors were created by what was available and fresh; this is where I find my heart. This is where I rest the easiest and feel the most at home. Where there is always a seat at the table and always an extra slice of bread to be shared. I journey in my heart and find peace at this table. The fare may be simple yet the meal is so rich.
Living the Gourmet
- 7 – 8 hard boiled eggs – chopped with a fork for the salad
- 1 stalk of celery – with the leaves – chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley – chopped
- 2 – 3 sun-dried tomatoes – chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 of red onion – chopped
- 1 tbs. capers – chopped – plus 1 tbs. caper juice
- 2 oz. can of anchovies with capers and olive oil– chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 – 4 tbs. olive oil
- Arugula leaves or your favorite salad greens
- Romano or Parmesan cheese for grating
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Your favorite bread for serving
- Combine all of the ingredients for the salad in a bowl and mix.
- Place in a container and refrigerate until ready to use. The salad is best if served slightly cold.
- Build your sandwich with your favorite bread, salad greens, egg salad, grated cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
Enjoy with Love,