Homemade Ice Cream is one of our year-long favorites. It is delicious on its own, with a drizzle of caramel, melted in coffee or hot cocoa, or sandwiched with a tart cherry spread between two soft, chewy cookies.
There are hardly any words that can properly express just how good this dessert is.
Smucker’s Natural Fruit Spreads perfectly completed our ice cream sandwiches. Their Natural Fruit Spreads are made with non-GMO ingredients from natural sources real sugar and contain absolutely no preservatives.
The Natural Red Tart Cherry Fruit Spread is sweet and robust, speckled with bits of fresh cherries. It pairs perfectly with a variety of things such as chocolate, creamy cheeses, or in this case ice cream and cookies.
The bright, tangy complexity of Smucker’s Blackberry Fruit Spread will bring the flavor of plump, orchard-picked berries right to your table. Try it as a sandwich spread or swirled in yogurt.
Another LTG favorite is the classic Strawberry Fruit spread- always fresh and naturally sweet. That goes for their Red Raspberry Natural Squeeze Fruit Spread as well made with lush, ripe berries.
Smucker’s is a family trusted company that offers a variety of products to help make your meals more memorable, and Living the Gourmet is proud to stand beside them, sharing wholesome recipes from our table to yours.
Yields 6-8 servings
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 16 oz. whipping cream or heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbs. molasses
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- Smucker's Natural Red Tart Cherry Fruit Spread
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
- In a bowl combine the cake mix, brown sugar, granulated sugar and oats.
- In a smaller bowl combine the egg, vanilla, canola oil and water and mix. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Drop approximately tablespoons of the dough, about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 10 – 12 minutes. Cool about 1 minute and remove cookies to a cookie rack to cool.
- In a large bowl whip the whipping cream.
- In a separate bowl combine the condensed milk, vanilla, pinch of salt, molasses, cinnamon and cloves.
- Fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture.
- Place in a container and place in the freezer for 5 – 6 hours or until ice-cream texture.
- Place the ice-cream on a cookie top with the Smucker’s Natural fruit spread and top with another cookie.
Enjoy with Love,
**I received these products for review and was not financially compensated for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.