The last month and a half is just one big blur to me and in the midst of it all, time just seemed to slipped away; but isn’t that the story of life?
I’m all about the little moments. So, take a moment with me to forget about the world’s problems and enjoy a key lime bar.
This refreshing dessert boasts of a cool and creamy whipped filling. The best part is that it is practically a no-bake dessert. I did bake the crust for 15 minutes in the oven, but if you wish to make it completely no-bake refer to my notes on the recipe card.Print
Key Lime Bars
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (about 3 sleeves) graham crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons butter, chilled
Key Lime Filling:
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Shredded coconut for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, graham crackers, oats and butter together, then blend with a pastry blender. Press to the bottom of a square baking dish and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool completely before filling.
Key Lime Filling:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together condensed milk with lime juice and lime zest. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whip cream and sugar together until stiff peaks form. Fold into the condensed milk and lime mixtures until a smooth thick batter comes together. Pour into the prepared crust and top with coconut flakes.
- Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
To make this recipe completely no-bake, mix 11/2 cups crushed graham crackers, a tablespoon of sugar with 4-5 tablespoons melted butter. Press to the bottom of your pie dish and proceed with the rest of the recipe as directed.