Rich and decadent, these bars are a sublime cross between cake and fudge evoking sweet childhood memories.
I still remember the first time I had these cake bars. They tasted like all my favorite childhood desserts in one bite. White chocolate, birthday cake, sprinkles, rich, chewy, sublime.
I was honestly quite surprised when I realized I had not shared these yet on the blog. Well, today that’s all about to change. Let’s not delay any longer with intros and idle pleasantries. Grab your apron and let’s get baking.
The base to these is a cake fudge layer. It’s thick yet chewy, and uniquely packed with sprinkles and white chocolate morsels. It’s then cloaked in a layer of melted chocolate. Now you can serve these immediately while the chocolate is still gooey or let them chill for a bit in the fridge to let the top layer set. Either way, they’ll melt in your mouth.
The secret is cake mix and condensed milk, making this recipe so easy to make in a pinch since it requires only pantry basics.
The final result is something you would order at Milk Bar. That’s a pretty lofty statement to make but I stand by it.
No wonder it’s been a frequently requested dessert in my family. It’s perfect for any occasion- or just because…really. Who says there needs to be a specific reason to treat yourself? 😉Print
Cake Fudge Bars
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yellow cake mix, dry
- 1 and 1/3 cup flour, spoon and level
- 2 cups (1 bag) white chocolate chips, separated
- 1/3 cup + 4 tablespoons sprinkles, separated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using parchment paper, line an 8 x 8 baking pan. *If you don’t line the pan, these likely won’t come out very well if at all.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the butter, white sugar, and vanilla extract until light and creamy.
- Beat in the sweetened condensed milk until completely combined.
- Beat in the salt, yellow cake mix, and flour (make sure to not pack in the flour, use a spoon and scoop the flour into the measuring cup).
- Beat until completely combined. If it is still super sticky, add a tablespoons or two more of flour.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in one cup of white chocolate chips and 1/3 cup of sprinkles.
- Press the mixture into the lined 8 x 8 baking pan. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- In a double boiler, melt down 1 cup of remaining white chocolate. Using a spatula spread the white chocolate evenly over the bars.
- Sprinkle with remaining sprinkles over the white chocolate.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve if you want the chocolate to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 23.4 g
- Sodium: 59.6 mg
- Fat: 14.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.1 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 20.5 mg
Keywords: cake bars, bar cookies, cake fudge, fudge bars, dessert, cookies, cake, funfetti