Today’s post has been sponsored by Acai of America. All opinions expressed are my own.
Nutrient dense, super simple, and packed with a medley of fresh flavors, today’s Acai Yogurt Bowl is a perfect solution for hectic mornings, light lunches, or healthy snacking at your desk.
For the Acai, we’ll be using Acai of America’s Unsweetened Pureed Pulp, and combining that with Greek yogurt and freshly sliced kiwi, then topping it with organic bee pollen, a light dusting of coconut flakes, and chia seeds. Healthy, organic, fresh, and delicious.
Why You’ll Love This Acai Bowl
1) Just Eight Ingredients. That’s right, today’s recipe features just eight basic ingredients, all of which are super easy to use and find.
2) Supremely Simple. Today’s Acai Bowl can be whipped up in less than fifteen minutes total. So whether you’re making this as a light midday snack, a simple breakfast, or as a quick ‘desk bite’ to eat at work, today’s recipe is a supremely easy way to pack a delicious and nutrient dense meal into your day.
3) Bright, Fresh, Natural. Combining fresh kiwi, bee pollen, pureed Acai pulp, and Greek yogurt, today’s Acai Bowl is a medley of bright colors, natural sweetness, and sustainably sourced nutrients.
Ingredient Notes and Tips
1) The Acai. While typically regarded as a ‘health food’ here in the US, Acai is actually a delicious little berry that has a flavor resembling a cross between a blackberry and raspberry, with perhaps just a slight dusting of bitter cocoa. Today, we’re using unsweetened pureed Acai pulp, courtesy of Acai of America. Their Unsweetened Acai Pulp is 100% Certified Organic, wild harvested, and sustainably sourced from the Brazilian Amazon Rain Forest. As a result, not only is their Acai a great source of dietary fiber, omega fatty acids, and a nearly complete protein file, but you can have peace of mind that the Acai is both responsibly sourced and wholly organic. We’re using their standard unsweetened variety for today’s recipe, but it is also available pre-sweetened with Guarana, which is very closely related to Acai in taste.
2) Organic Bee Pollen. This is a tough one to describe. Bee pollen, when used in cooking, is basically a garnish that plays a (distant) secondary role as a texturing agent – as in today’s Acai bowl where it’s playing both roles. It’s slightly crunchy, and its taste can vary from ‘nonexistent’ to semisweet and floral. When buying bee pollen, be sure to buy a high quality, organic variety. How you store bee pollen is also quite important, since it very sensitive to changes in light, temperature, and moisture. Store it in a dark, cool, dry place, and use it as quickly as possible – so it’s probably best to buy this is relatively small quantities if you’re not using it on a regular basis.
NOTE: If you have a pollen allergy, obviously you’ll want to leave this ingredient out.
More Yogurt Based Recipes
1) Greek Yogurt Parfaits. Layers of fresh strawberries, Greek yogurt, cacao nibs, raw honey, and goji berries combine to create a healthy, delicious, and nutrient packed parfait that’s perfect for any time of year.
2) Classic Crepes with Greek Yogurt, Honey, and Berries. If you’re in the mood for something a bit more savory, and just a tad more complex, try out my classic crepe recipe, which features a yogurt, honey, and berry filling.
Acai Yogurt Bowl
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 1 Acai Yogurt Bowl 1x
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 packet of Acai of America Unsweetened Pureed Pulp
- 1 tablespoon organic raw honey
- Kiwis, for topping
- Organic Bee pollen, for topping
- Chia seeds, for topping
- Unsweetened organic coconut flakes, for topping
- In a small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, Acai, and honey until smooth.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy immediately.
- Serving Size: 1
If You Enjoyed Today’s Recipe…
Be sure to follow us on Instagram to stay up to date with all things Living the Gourmet, and for more great recipes, tips, and tricks.
Did you make this recipe?
If so, let me know in the comments down below, or post a picture to Instagram or to Pinterest, and I’ll give you a shoutout on Instagram, or post your pin to one of my Pinterest boards!
Enjoy with Love!2
That’s a bowl of goodness!
DAVID J MYERS says
Catherine, I’ll pass this recipe on to my better half. She has yogurt of some time with something mixed in 5 days a week. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
I love yogurt bowls like this. They’re super healthy and they taste like dessert. You can’t beat that!
I don’t feel like i’ve really wanted an acai bowl…. and now…..that all has changed. I think the kiwi and the goodies! Oh yeah! I want to have a dinner party and serve this!
Pati Robins says
i am so trying this ! that looks so appetizing and good for me ! thank you for yet another fantastic recipe
Myrah Duque says
Yogurt bowls are so convenient and so healthy. It’s like having dessert. I will take one any time.
Sue-Tanya Mchorgh says
I love a good yogurt bow . I’ve never tried Acai Unsweetened Pureed Pulp seeds before. I am sure they ‘re really good. Thanks for this great recipe.
Jasmine Hewitt says
i love a good yogurt bowl on occasion. I wish I could eat more yogurt but I can’t have a lot.
Shahla San says
I love acai bowls! It is hard to find unsweetened ones sometimes so I am excited to go and buy this one!
I think Acai yogurt bowls are so pretty just like your presentation. Yum if I can have a bowl in different variations everyday I would!
alexandra cook says
I love yogurt. The pictures alone sealed the deal for me. This looks and sounds incredibly tasty.
Yogurt bowls are the best. I love the way they taste, but they just look so satisfying too!
Can I have one now? LOL It looks so delicious! I love the pollen details and your mastery of the details. Well presented!
This açai yogurt bowl looks really tasty. It’s good for breakfast too!
Yeah Lifestyle says
This looks so yum! I have heard so much about the goodness of eating Acai and would love to try your recipe
Natural Beauty And Makeup says
Wow, thus yogurt bowl looks absolutely delicious 😍 Also I have never tried bee pollen, gonna check it out at the store this weekend!
Omg can we say yum?!? This looks like one delicious yogurt bowl. Must give your recipe a try