Enjoy the final moments of summer with these Strawberries and Cream Naked Bundt Cakes with fresh cream and sliced strawberries that are layered between slices of moist, vanilla strawberry cake.
Bundt Bakers is back everyone and this month I’m proud to announce, I’m hosting this delightful group as we bake together on this final month of summer…well, maybe not officially but by next month the school season will be in full swing and we’ll be talking about pumpkin spice and prepping for the holidays. Or is that just me? 😉
Nevertheless, it’s a great honor to be hosting BB for the very first time, and the theme for this month is…*drumroll please*…Strawberries!
It seems fitting to close out the summer with these little gems and since strawberry cake is one of my favorites, I had a clear direction for where I wanted to take our little baking group this month.
So, without further adieu, lets dive into the recipe which is surprisingly easy and oh so delicious. Don’t forget to check out all the other yummy bundts below! 🙂
For this recipe, I was torn between adding fresh berries to the batter, worried that it might make the cakes a little tart. So in its place, I added strawberry jam to the batter and left the fresh slices for layering afterward.
Furthermore, I used pastry flour rather than all-purpose and I think it made a huge difference in the consistency of the cakes themselves. They are ultra light and moist.
The process is a relatively simple one. Once the cakes have cooled, carefully slice each one in half. Layer the berries, then the cream, and cover with the tops of the mini cakes as shown below. I filled the bundt hole with extra cream, garnished with a few more slices of strawberries and dusted each with powdered sugar.
Living the Gourmet
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- Fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ cup fine pastry flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ vanilla
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- ½ cup whole milk
- In a chilled metal bowl, beat the whipping cream with sugar until form peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until its time to assemble the cakes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease a mini bundt pan or one regular bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pastry flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat together butter and sugar. Add vanilla, eggs and strawberry jam until a smooth batter forms.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with 1 cup of milk. Be sure the mix the batter well between each addition.
- Divide the batter between the mini bundt molds.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool before transferring over to a sheet pan.
- Slice each bundt in half, horizontally. Layer the strawberry slices, then a generous dollop of whipped cream. Top each off with the tops of the bundts. Garnish with extra whipped cream, strawberry slices and a dusting of confectioner's sugar if desired.
Enjoy these mini bundts friends! Until next time 🙂
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Poke Bundt by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Freeze Dried Strawberry Bundt with Cream Cheese Glaze by Sweet Sensations
- Jam Strawberry Bundt Cake by Bizcocheando
- Lemon Strawberry Poke Bundt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Neapolitan Zebra Bundt Cake by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Strawberry Balsamic Bundt Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Strawberry & Cream Bundt Cake by Patty’s Cakes
- Strawberry Crunch Bundt Cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Strawberry Bundt Mousse Cake by Sneha’s Recipe
- Strawberry Bundt Cake with White Chocolate Ganache by The Queen of Scones
- Strawberries & Cream Naked Bundt Cake by Living the Gourmet
- Strawberry Key Lime Cheesecake Bundt by The Crumby Kitchen
- Strawberry Orange Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
Psst! Check out all our lovely bundts on the #BundtBakers Pinterest board!