Treat yourself to this Banana Butter Bread made with wholesome natural ingredients! Perfect in the morning with marmalade or for dessert with a cup of coffee.
They say the best things come when you least expect them. They also say necessity is the mother of invention.
You’re probably wondering how these two sentiments are connected…enter this rich but not heavy, Banana Butter Bread.
If you were to ask me what my greatest pet peeve is, I would tell you it’s letting food go to waste. So much so, that if I’m watching a cooking show and see the bowl isn’t scraped clean, I’ll be too distracted to enjoy the rest of the program.
In short, I try to only buy what I need and to make sure I use it up before I head out to the store again. Of course I’m not perfect so sometimes there are things that don’t always get used right away like that bunch of overripe bananas in the fruit bowl…
Banana bread was probably invented specifically for the purpose of never letting another banana go to waste. I made that up on the whim. It’s most likely NOT how banana bread came to be, but nowadays, it’s the common purpose for forgotten banana bunches. Don’t you agree?
One thing I do love about having banana bread in the house during the week is that it’s multi-purpose- slightly toasted in the morning with a spread of marmalade, a light brunch in the afternoon, or even for dessert with a scoop of Very Vanilla frozen yogurt.
Another factor I love about this recipe is how convenient it is to make. Every ingredient is a pantry staple and therefore it’s easy to make whenever you have too many bananas on hand or just craving a slice.
I prepped this recipe with organic all purpose flour, grass-fed butter, and cage free organic eggs. If you want to go the extra step, sprinkle coconut sugar on the top. It’s a delicious all-natural treat that has quickly become a favorite of mine.
Living the Gourmet
Yields 1 loaf
10 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 ¾ cups organic all purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup unsalted grass fed butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- Sugar for top of bread
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- In a separate large bowl mash the bananas with a fork and add the softened butter, vanilla, sugar and the eggs. Using an electric mixer; cream these ingredients together.
- Slowly, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while mixing with the electric mixer on a low speed.
- Butter and dust with flour a loaf pan.
- Place the batter in the prepared pan and dust the top with sugar.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until the toothpick test comes out clean.
Today I am excited to be giving one lucky LTG reader a $25 VISA Gift Card in celebration of Spring. Enter below each day to win!
Enjoy with Love!