We’re kicking ice cream up a notch with this no-churn style delight made with chilled coconut milk that is carefully blended with fresh cream, a spike of Tennessee Whiskey and spoonfuls of vegan caramel.
It’s time for the adults to come out and play.
On a clement summer night, the air is laced with something sweet and sticky.
The balmy breeze is tied up with the scent that still lingers from the day- wild flowers, barbecues, the air that summer brings- life.
I end my days the same way I begin them- outside on the back porch; staring out into the sky, absorbing the quiet, and either looking forward to, or reflecting back on the day’s events.
The candles are lit around us as we sit together indulging in a scoop of ice cream. Sometimes we talk, but more often we laugh as time quickly passes us by.
The sun has long set, the candles have nearly burnt out into puddles of wax, and our laughter has wafted into the quiet night.
We have finished off our ice cream, our tummies full, our minds still racing, and our hearts swelled with joy, love, and momentary freedom of life’s little worries.
I watch the faint, flickering light reflect in the eyes of those I am blessed to be sharing these cherished moments with.
If I could bottle time, I would make these summer nights mine forever.
Living the Gourmet
10 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon Tennessee Whiskey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut milk, chilled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut milk
- In a medium bowl that is chilled, whip cream and icing sugar until soft peaks form. Add the cream that forms on top of chilled coconut milk. Beat again until firm peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together condensed milk, whiskey and vanilla. Fold into whipped cream.
- Pour the ice cream into a freezer container or loaf pan and cover with cling film. Let freeze for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the vegan caramel. Heat sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, until the sugar begins to melt down. Once the sugar has melted down and begins bubbling, add coconut milk and remove from heat. Gently whisk the caramel and transfer to a glass bowl to cool.
- After 30 minutes have passed, pull the ice cream out and add vegan caramel. Drop spoonfuls of caramel and carefully stir it through the ice cream. Return the ice cream to the freezer until ready to serve, about 4-6 hours or overnight.