This Rock n’ Roll Bunt is a traditional English Rocky Road that includes marshmallows, chocolate, biscuits (cookies), dried fruit and nuts.
For this month’s #BundtBakers, our wonderful host and dear fried, Laura of Baking in Pyjamas instructed us to get creative with a traditional English Rocky Road.
I have never had a traditional English Rocky Road prior to this, but I am certain I will be making this bundt many times over.
The texture resembles that of a Babka cake, while the flavor is rich with chocolate and coffee. I swirled the Rocky Road mixture throughout the batter, then topped it off with more of the Rocky Road.
This bundt does not last long. Within one afternoon, half of it was gone. I may even have to say, it is one of my favorite bundts to date.
Enjoy it for dessert, or have a little slice in the morning with coffee – it’s a wonderful cake.
Thank you Laura, for hosting such a wonderful month of #BundtBakers!
Living the Gourmet
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup instant coffee powder
- 4 oz. apple sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 3 tbs. butter
- 1/2 cup crushed cookies (i.e. vanilla butter cookies - about 10 cookies)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a food processor combine the raisins, pecans, butter, cookies, brown sugar and marshmallows; process until combined well.
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and instant coffee powder.
- In a separate bowl combine the buttermilk, apple sauce, canola oil, vanilla and eggs. Using an electric mixer, mix the wet ingredients and slowly incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring while adding; beat with the electric mixer on a low speed after the wet ingredients have been incorporated.
- Prepare a bundt pan; rubbing all the sides and bottom with butter.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Drop the Rocky Road mixture by spoonfuls over the batter. Using a knife cut through the batter; incorporating the mixture into the batter.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until the toothpick test comes out clean.
- Let the cake rest and cool before trying to remove from the pan.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme.
- Almond, Blueberry & White Chocolate Rocky Road Bundt by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Biscoff & Chocolate Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Spice Roots
- Blueberry Pecan Cocoa Ripple Cake by Magnolia Days
- Brownie Style Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Basic N Delicious
- Cheery Cherry Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Our Good Life
- Cherry Chocolate Walnut Bundt by Noshing with the Nolands
- Chocolate Toffee Rocky Road Bundt Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Chocolate Chip Bundt with Rocky Road Topping by Baking & Creating with Avril
- Culture Confusion Rocky Road Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Fantasy Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
- Elvis on a Rocky Road Bundt by It’s Yummi
- Marshmallow Drenched Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- Mini Rocky Road Bundts with Marshmallow Frosting by Passion Kneaded
- Nutty Chocolate Banana Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Not Just For Ice Cream Rocky Road Bundt by Tea and Scones
- Rock n’ Roll Rocky Road Bundt by Living the Gourmet
- Rocky Road Bundt Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Rocky Road Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Kids and Chic
- Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Liv For Cake
- Rocky Road Bundt Cake with Marshmallow Glaze by Brooklyn Homemaker
- Rocky Road Fudge Bundt Cake by La Cocina De Aisha
- Rum Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Adventures in All Things Food
- S’more Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Baking in Pyjamas
- Strawberry Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Toasted Chocolate Almond Bundt Cake by Eat, Drink and Be Mighty
- Triple Chocolate Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Simply Veggies
Enjoy with Love,
**DON’T FORGET TO ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY TO WIN A $25 VISA GIFTCARD!!!