Thickened with sweet potatoes and spiced up with jalapeños, this soup will warm your soul even on the chilliest of nights.
I do love sweet potatoes!! I enjoy them fixed up many different ways, but sweet potatoes cooked up in soup seem to be my passion at the moment.
It has been a long cold winter and according to the ground hog six more weeks of winter are on the way!! I will be eating a lot of soup to be cozy and warm…
Living the Gourmet
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1/2 jalapeño – chopped (with or without seeds)
- 1/2 red onion – chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 4 sweet potatoes – baked
- 1 tsp. powdered chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 5 – 6 cups of water
- Parmesan cheese for grating
- Heat a sauce pot with the olive oil; add the jalapeño, onion and garlic and sauté until the garlic is fragrant.
- Remove the skins from the potatoes and place the cooked potatoes in the sauce pot. With a hand masher; carefully mash the potatoes.
- Add the water, bouillon, salt and oregano and simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with grated cheese.
Enjoy with Love,