Moist fluffy pancakes are easier to make than you may think. Skip the shake mix, these take only minutes to whip up. With shredded apple, a dash of cinnamon, a sprinkle of powdered sugar and a drizzle of warm maple syrup, this is the way the mornings were meant to be spent.
Pancakes are the ultimate morning treat in my house. Upon hearing that the area is expecting more snow mixed with ice, a batch of these pancakes were a sunny bright spot to the day.
Hopefully this year Spring will make an early appearance!
Living the Gourmet
5 minPrep Time
8 minCook Time
13 minTotal Time
- 11/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 11/2 cups milk
- 3 tbs. canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbs. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 apple, shredded
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Beat together the eggs and milk; then stir in the canola oil.
- Slowly mix together the wet ingredients and shredded apple into the dry ingredients and let the batter sit while heating the griddle to a medium heat.
- Ladle the batter onto the griddle. When bubbles begin to form on one side flip the pancakes and finish cooking on the other side.
- Cooking time will be approximately 2 minutes on each side. Do not flip the pancakes more than once.
- Serve with powdered sugar, butter and syrup or honey.
Enjoy with Love,