Buttery salmon marinated in a marmalade & Asian-style sauce will make this meal your weeknight go-to. It is so simple to prepare.
While shopping in the supermarket the other day, I saw fresh salmon filets were…you guesses it, on sale! I could not pass it up, and my reaction of course was, “Yes! There is tonight’s dinner!”
I thought this has not been on the menu in a very, very long time. I do believe we all need a bit of a treat now and then and this was the “now and then” moment!! I knew this was going to be fun. I have not made a fish dinner in some time and I was looking forward to it.
There are many things in this world that bring pleasure; though the joy of eating a meal together really has to be at the top of the list for making lasting memories. Of course this factor is ramped up if the meal happens to be one that is a favorite and this salmon dish happens to be my daughter’s favorite. The dish is really quite simple to prepare and cooks up quickly.
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 – 2 lbs. of Salmon Filet with skin
- 3 tbs. teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. orange marmalade or apricot sauce
- 1/4 cup of Italian parsley – chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic – chopped
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger – chopped
- 1 tbs. sesame oil
- 2 tbs. soy sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade. Place the salmon in the marinade and cover. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees.
- Place the salmon in a cast iron pan; skin side down. Top with the marinade and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Enjoy with Love,