Father’s Day is right around the corner in Australia, and today we’re going to be running through some gourmet gift ideas with a little help from Gifts Australia. They’ve got gifts for the connoisseurs, gourmet snackers, and barbecue enthusiasts alike, and today we’re taking a look at just few such gifts.
Gifts for the Wine Loving Man
Is the man in your life a self-proclaimed connoisseur? If so, Gifts Australia has a variety of wine-themed gift sets tailored for just such a palate. Here a few of my favorite Father’s Day gifts Australia!
1) Red Wine and Nibbles Hamper. This beautifully assembled gift hamper includes a South Australian Shiraz, which features notes of ripe red fruit, earthy spice, and cracked leather. This delightful red wine is paired with Avec du Fromage Artisan Crackers, Avec du Fromage Natural Wafers, Regimental Condiment Co. Roasted Capsicum Tapenade, Kangaroo Island Kalamata Olives, L’orto di Franco Semi-Dried Tomato Halves, and Brewer’s Nut Co. Savoury Nut Mix.
2) Ponting ‘The Pinnacle’ Shiraz Hamper. The result of Australian legend Ricky Ponting teaming up with award-winning winemaker Ben Riggs is Australia’s Ponting ‘The Pinnacle’ Shiraz, the red wine at the heart of this gourmet hamper. Paired with this lovely shiraz are Brewer’s Nut Co. Classic Beer Nuts, Kangaroo Island Kalamata Olives, Brewer’s Nut Co. Savoury Nut Mix, Avec du Fromage Artisan Crackers, Avec du Fromage Natural Wafers, Regimental Condiment Co. Roasted Capsicum Tapenade, and Maggie Beer Quince Paste.
3) Men’s Nourish and Nurture with Red Wine. This is a skincare, gourmet nibbles, and red wine combo box. Think a “spa, wine, and nibbles day.” This box contains a Cape Mentelle ‘Trinders’ Shiraz Cabernet 2018, along with Ernest Hiller Milk Chocolate Macadamias, Morgan’s Maple Coconut Roasted Almonds, and Morgan’s Dark Chocolate Coffee Beans. In addition, the box comes packed with Nekta Bourbon Wood Men’s Cleansing Bar, Nektar Bourbon Wood Hand and Body Cleansing Wash, and L’Occitane Energizing Fluid, which is a lightweight moisturizer to help awaken tired and fatigued skin.
4) Winesave PRO, Natural Wine Preserver. This device fills the top of an opened bottle of wine with safe (and inert) argon gas – preventing oxidation to preserve the wine. This works on all types of wines – even bubblies! And no, it does ‘not’ effect the taste of the wine.
Gifts for the BBQ-Minded Man
Does the man in your life fancy himself a master of the grill? If so, here a few items that might catch his eye.
1) The Aussie BBQ Bible. Written by BBQ Authority Oscar Smith, this book features over one hundred fantastic barbecue recipes, from ribs to desserts to vegetarian creations. The recipes are both charcoal ‘and’ gas grill friendly.
2) The Rubs Cookbook. This book is exactly what it sounds like, one-hundred and seventy-five rubs, marinades, seasoning mixes, bastes, butters, and glazes for all kinds foods – including barbecue!
3) A Great BBQ Requires Great Beers. And what better way assure you’ve got sufficiently great beers than with the MicroBreweris of Astraualia Hamper? This box contains a variety of craft beers, such as White Rabbit White Ale, Burleigh Brewing Twisted Palm Tropic Pale Ale, and Bridge Road Brewers Pale Ale, among others, along with a variety of snacks, such as Brewer’s Nut Co. Beer Nuts and Byron Beef Jerky.
Gifts for the Gourmet Nibbler (and more wine!)
Does the man in your life relish in the paradisiacal nirvana that is gourmet snacking? Does he quest after the contents of the pantry? Does he pine after the fabled feasts of a bygone youth? Or has he shed the previous era of unsophisticated snacking for the refined joys of his autumnal years?
If you answered yes to any of the above, the below collection may just be for him.
1) Moet Sweet Epicure Hamper. This hamper is centered around the Moet & Chandon Brut Imperial NV Champagne, which is a perfect balance of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay Pinot Meunier. However, the hamper also features a variety of sweet treats, such as Maggie Beer Dark Chocolate Belgian Wafters, Kokao Sour Cherry and Dark Chocolates Slices, Maggie Beer Lemon White Chocolate Almonds, and Kokao Coconut and Dark Chocolate Slices.
2) White Wine and Sweet Bites Hamper. Naturally, I couldn’t leave out the white wine sipping fellows out there, so this one’s for you. This box is centered around Mr. Riggs Adelaide Hills Pinot Grigio, which features bright honeysuckle notes, with luscious floral aromatics. In addition, the box contains Maggie Ber Burnt Toffee Popcorn and Cocoa Dusted Cashews, Kokao Coconut and Dark Chocolate Slices, along with Maggie Beer Dark Chocolate and Vino Cotto Caramel.
3) Sweet Bites Hamper. Pure sweetness for only the sweetest of men. This particular hamper contains Morgan’s French Vanilla Almonds, Morgan’s Toffee Popcorn Brittle, The Woods Farm caramelized Peanut Brittle, Morgan’s Maple Coconut Roasted Almonds, Maggie Beer Burnt Toffee Popcorn and Cocoa Dusted Cashews, along with Kokao Coconut and Dark Chocolate Slices.
Insults for the Supremely Cultured Gentlemen
Does your man fancy himself a gentleman? Does he fancy himself not just a gentleman, but a gentleman of refinement? Are words his weapons of choice? Is he a gallant of wit? A paladin of pith? A master of the rhetorical riposte?
If so, he’ll likely find this particular little black book to be a treasure all its own.
1) Insults Every Man Should Know. This is a ‘little black book’ containing hard-hitting, yet sublimely cultured and refined, insults for every occasion. Utilizing quotes from Alexander Pope to Groucho Marx, if you want your man to be able to trade barbs in style, this is the book to buy him.