Thank you to Limoneira for sponsoring this post. All opinions expressed are my own!
Add some sunshine to your winter days with these soft, buttery Lemon Snowball Cookies!
A few weeks ago, our favorite lemon company sent us a beautiful box of crisp California citrus fruits. For a food blogger, this was like celebrating Christmas early.
Nothing quite compares to the sweet lingering scent of freshly picked lemons, and now I understand why these little gems embody sunshine.
Some may argue these are Mexican Wedding Cookies, Greek Butter Cookies, or Russian Teacakes…wherever you are from or whatever you wish to call them, one thing is for certain- these cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Every bite bursts with fresh lemon, hints of almond and the velvety sweetness of the confectioner’s sugar.
Since it is “tis the season” of cookies, I wanted to share one of my favorites with you but remember this recipe is perfect for all year round!
This recipe makes a perfect dozen and the best part is this is a one bowl recipe- no muss, no fuss.
Lemon Snowball Cookies
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 dozen 1x
- Category: dessert
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Confectioner’s sugar, plus more for coating
- 1 egg
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cream tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, ½ cup confectioner’s sugar and egg. Add lemon and zest.
- Add the flour, baking soda, tartar and salt.
- Scoop one rounded tablespoon of dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. Transfer immediately to a wire rack and let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes.
- Dip each cookie while they are still warm in powdered sugar and serve!
Enjoy with Love!4