These Honey Granola Breakfast Parfaits are a wholesome and delicious way to start the mornings off on the right note. We’re excited to be introducing Stirring Up Fun with Food by Sarah Michelle Gellar. Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post for a special giveaway!
“Food crafting is taking basic food preparation and elevating it to a level that is both fun and creative,” says Sarah Michelle Gellar, actress, entrepreneur, foodie and now cookbook author.
It is with family, fun, and good food that Gellar crafted her newest release, Stirring Up Fun with Food with former Martha Stewart Living editor, Gia Russo.
In 288 pages with over 115 recipes, the ladies creatively master the world of food art while keeping the process simple, the ingredients fresh and the family involved.
I was delighted to receive a copy and put these recipes to the test.
The book is broken down into several chapters planned around the seasons and family themes like Better than Takeout. Between colorfully illustrated photos and simple techniques, Gellar welcomes the readers into her kitchen to cook along with her as she shares her favorite family recipes.
One aspect of Stirring Up Fun with Food that I really enjoy is how Gellar makes use of everyday items like muffin tins and mason jars to revamp and redefine the way we enjoy some of our favorite dishes like meatloaf or chicken salad, making them more accessible for busy families on the go or perfectly portioned for outdoor soirées.
As I flipped through the pages, several recipes jumped out at me like the Mini Broccoli Cheddar Bread Puddings, the TV Turkey Chili, or Ricotta and Spaghetti Squash Cupcakes.
For today’s feature however, I chose an April recipe that is as versatile as it is delicious- Honey Granola Breakfast Parfaits. As described by the authors themselves, “Granola, for the most part is like a quiche: you can throw in whatever ingredients you have on hand.”
The granola is a wonderful snack on its own. Rolled oats and nuts are baked together with brown sugar, vanilla and honey for a sweet, wholesome treat. While it is perfect on its own, it is best served up with Greek yogurt and fresh fruit for a delicious breakfast parfait – as the name suggests.
Here is the simple method and recipe to creating these Springtime delights that your family will love.
Honey Granola Breakfast Parfaits
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2/3 cup flaxseeds
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, if desired
- 2–3 cups plain Greek Yogurt, more if needed
- Fresh fruit such as apples, pears, or berries, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, almonds and flaxseeds in a large bowl and set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the oil, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt, and cook over low heat until the sugar has melted, about 5 minutes. Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture and stir until thoroughly coated. Spread the mixture in a thin layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes, tossing two or three times. Let cool completely. Add the dried cranberries if desired and toss to incorporate.
- To make the parfaits, layer the granola, yogurt and fresh fruit in mason jars or glasses, repeating the layers twice in each one. Drizzle honey over each and serve. Store any leftover granola in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 1
Today we’re giving away two copies of Stirring Up Fun with Food to two lucky LTG readers. Just leave a comment in the box below and tell us what your favorite Springtime recipe is! For bonus entries be sure to share this post and let us know you did in the comments. (Please note this giveaway is open to U.S. residents only; must be 18+ to enter) Giveaway is open for two weeks until 5/11. Good luck!
Enjoy with Love!0