This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterEaster #CollectiveBias
This fun and irresistible bark is a perfect accompaniment to your Easter basket. Sweet, soft fudge is set with swirls of dark chocolate, assorted jellybeans and M&M’s® Easter Sundae candies!
Oscar Wilde remarked that “The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible.” In other words, the true mystery of what life holds, does not always lie with what is hidden or ‘secret,’ more often than not, it is plain before us. One might find it odd, in that case, that so much of the holiday devoted to rebirth and renewal is surrounded by the concept of ‘hunting for hidden eggs’ or assembling ‘hidden baskets’ full of chocolatey treasure. Indeed in such case the true flavor of the season is very much housed within the invisible.
In my family, as in so many others, the most quintessential expression of the Easter spirit is through veritable mountains of seasonal candies, from dark chocolate bunnies to white-chocolate confections, all available in a variety as wide ranging as the new season’s reborn flora. Displaying these candies as artfully as possible, of course, is paramount, especially since I simply love to give Easter baskets as gifts.
However, while hidden baskets and chocolate eggs are often thought of as being strictly within the realm of the youngest among us, I’ve always loved to put just a little extra effort and finesse into the baskets I prepare. After all, if my son is any gauge, holiday candy, of almost any variety, is a gift whose appreciation is truly ageless.
That said, it should come as no surprise that I make certain to prepare ahead of time, or to at least plan my Easter confections. Take for example today’s white-chocolate bark speckled with Starburst® Strawberry and Original Jellybeans, which I purchased in the 12oz bag, and drizzled with a swirl of melted dark chocolate. Aside from looking the part of an Easter confection, it is also equally suited to both the centerpiece of a basket, or being neatly wrapped in gift bags, and is a treat the entire family will love. Paired with a bit of decorative grass, some scattered M&M’s® Easter Sundae, ribbon, lining, and a 4.5oz DOVE® Milk Chocolate Easter Bunny, all arranged as shown below, it’s safe to say that these baskets could hardly reach a higher level of holiday perfection.
For added measure, I picked up a 23.5oz Easter Mixed Brand Chocolates at Walmart during a recent supply run, and filled Easter eggs with them, and added those to the baskets. I’ll note that the bunny is also available in a 12oz variety at Walmart. Print this coupon and save $1.00 on any TWO (2) M&M’s® bags, DOVE® eggs (8oz or larger), SNICKERS® or TWIX® Easter Minis (11oz or larger)
Easter Fudge Bark
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- M&M’s® Easter Sundae
- Starburst® Strawberry and Original Jellybeans
- In a double broiler, melt down white chocolate, 1/4 cup heavy cream and corn syrup. Stir until smooth. Remove from the broiler and set aside.
- Place the dark chocolate over broiler with 1 tablespoon of cream. Stir until smooth and remove.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, pour the melted white chocolate onto the pan and gently spread it out over the pan with a spatula.
- Drizzle the dark chocolate over the white chocolate and with a thin knife, swirl the dark chocolate throughout the white.
- Sprinkle generously with M&M’s® and assorted Starburst® Jellybeans.
- Place in a refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours.
- Once the fudge bark has set, take a sharp knight and break it into pieces. Place the bark into gift bags for your Easter basket.
Keep the fudge bark refrigerated before serving or gifting.
What are some of your favorite Easter traditions? Or what are some of your favorite ways to prepare an Easter basket? We would love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to check out the M&M’s® Easter Hub for more recipe inspiration and decoration ideas!