Treat your sweetheart (or yourself!) to this elegant and easy Mini Blueberry and Lavender Cake – perfect for Valentine’s Day!
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I was inspired to bake something romantic, but I think the best part about this cake is it’s size. Mini cakes are my latest, greatest discovery (thank you Pinterest)!
Now with the Lenten season upon us, it’s perfect for keeping my sweet-tooth in check while still satisfying in something slightly indulgent. You see, it’s difficult giving up sweets when you are a food blogger, and everyone and their uncle (literally) has a birthday between now and March.
But let’s get back to this cake, and oh what a heavenly cake it is.
Dense, sweet and full of depth, I surprised myself with it.
It’s rich for its size, but sure to delight. The sweet, floral notes of lavender are perfectly accented with the bits of blueberry and honey.
So fall in love with this mini cake and share it with someone you love 🙂
Living the Gourmet
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon lavender, finely ground
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter until whipped. Add sugar, honey, vanilla and lavender. Blend until combined. Add flour, baking soda, and salt then mix again. Finally, add buttermilk and beat until a smooth batter forms. Fold in fresh blueberries and pour into a greased 4-inch round cake pan.
- Bake cake for 25 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before turning out onto a cake plate.
- Once the cake is transferred, place a heart stencil in the center and dust powdered sugar over it.
- Carefully remove the heart and serve.
- Enjoy with tea or coffee and a dollop of cream if you so desire.