Winter may be here, but these sunshine cookies will fill you with warmth and make any day sunny and bright!
After taking a holiday break, the Secret Recipe Club is back!
This month, I was assigned Casa Costello – a delicious (mainly) dessert blog that features something for everyone.
Helen is a UK blogger who delights in baking and recipe creating. It was such a great joy to browse through her site and get a peak inside her world across the pond.
We finally got our first snow fall today here in New York, which in my mind makes Winter official.
I don’t think I’m quite ready to deal with the cold and all the ice that follows, so to lift my spirits, I baked up a batch of Helen’s Sunshine Cookies, bursting with citrus and finished off with a sprinkle of icing sugar!
They immediately lifted my spirits and paired splendidly well with a soothing cup of tea.
Living the Gourmet
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line two cookies sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, sugar, orange zest, lemon zest, vanilla and eggs together.
- Gradually add flour until a soft cookie dough forms.
- Drop tablespoon rounds of cookie dough on each cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden around the edges.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and dust with icing sugar.