When Naughty met Nice they created this Black Onyx Cake that is sweet and chocolaty with bits of bitter dark folded into the batter.
For an ultra dramatic effect, I drizzled each bundt in white chocoalte and a sea of black and silver sprinkles. So go ahead and give in to the dark side.
Our #BundtBakers hostess, Terri from Love and Confections, chose sprinkles as the theme of the month.
My initial reaction was to go full out funfetti, but after sleeping on it, I decided to go the complete opposite. I wanted something dramatic, elegant and totally unexpected.
I love funfetti just as much as the next person but for this month’s theme I wanted to revamp the general reputation sprinkles have and show that sometimes, it doesn’t always have to scream pink.
The cake itself was inspired by these cupcakes. I rarely break down and use cake mix, but when the temperatures reach 90 degrees and you have to turn on the oven, you go for the easiest, quickest method.
I started with dark chocolate cake mix then added seltzer and chopped extra dark chocolate. That’s it.
Once cooled I prepared a white chocolate drizzle then sprinkled to my heart’s delight with these beautiful black and silver sparklers.
It is a very simple and delightfully moist dessert that I hope you make soon.
Scroll down below for more sprinkled cake ideas and inspiration!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1/2 box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/4 cup chopped extra dark bitter chocolate
- 1/2 cup white chocolate melting candies
- Black & Silver sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease three mini bundt molds and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk cake mix and seltzer until a smooth batter forms. Fold in chopped chocolate.
- Divide the batter between the bundt molds and sprinkle with black and silver sprinkles.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing form the cake pan. Turn out onto a cake plate.
- Melt down white chocolate melting candies and drizzle liberally with white chocolate and sprinkle with more black and silver sprinkles. Let the chocolate drizzle set before serving.
I used the convection setting on my oven for this recipe. Adjust the cook time to your oven. On convection at 350 degrees F. these cakes were done in about 12-15 minutes for me.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.
Here are this month’s “Sprinkles” Bundts:
- Black Onyx Bundt Cake from Living the Gourmet
- Bourbon Walnut Pound Cake from Magnolia Days
- Bubblegum Frosted Funfetti Vanilla Bean Bundt from Baking in Pyjamas
- Bundt Cake Extra Chocolateado from la mejor manera de hacer…
- Celebration Confetti Bundt Cake from Cali’s Cuisine
- Chocolate Chip Cheese Cake from Tea and Scones
- Chocolate Sprinkles Sour Cream Bundt Cake from Spice Roots
- Chocolate Walnut Cake with Sprinkles from FoodJam
- Confetti Bundt Cake with Whipped Chocolate Ganache Frosting from How to Philosophize with Cake
- Crazy Coco Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs
- Eggless Vanilla Confetti Bundt Cake from SimplyVeggies
- Funfetti Bundt Cake from Liv for Cake
- Funfetti Bundt Cake from Recipes, Food & Cooking
- ‘Guild the Lily’ Bundt from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Irish Butter Chocolate Sprinkle Cake with Ganache from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Jammin’ Jimmies Bundt from Noshing With The Nolands
- Nutella Bundt with Nutella Glaze from Food Lust People Love
- Oatmeal Cookie Bundt Cake with Sprinkles from The Spiced Life
- Orange Dreamscicle Confetti Cake from Our Good Life
- Pistachio Sprinkle Bundt Cake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Raspberry Ricotta Bundt Cake from Brunch With Joy
- Red Velvet Sprinkle Explosion Bundt Cake from Love and Confections
- Sprinkled Jelly Donut Bundt Cake from Making Miracles
- Sprinkles of Love Cake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Sprinkled Bundt Cake from The Freshman Cook
- Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Sprinkles from Baking and Creating with Avril
- Vanilla Bundt Cake with Sprinkles from I Love Bundt Cakes
- Vanilla Mini Bundts from Passion Kneaded
- Watermelon Bundt Cake from Eat, Drink and Be Mighty