This month, #BundtBakers join forces to bring you a delicious array of bundts that feature fruit and nuts.
This classic vanilla bundt features fresh, seasonal peaches finished with a date and pecan topping and simple icing drizzle.
This month’s hostess with the mostess is Shilpi of the blog, Simply Veggies.
Our theme is fruit and nuts, as mentioned above. I could not think of a better theme for the month of July.
With all the abundance of fruit in season and on hand, I could not decide between peaches or cherries. I ultimately chose peaches because I think they pair so perfectly with pecans. On a last minute whim, I threw in dates- just what this cake needed.
It is moist and rich with flavor. The sweet fruit cuts right into the vanilla base, and it all comes full circle with the pecans and simple icing drizzle on top.
When the bundt finished cooking and was cooled, I couldn’t possible flip it over and conceal that beautiful topping, so I flipped it again and served it upside-down.
The toughest part about this cake was keeping myself from picking at that irresistible topping while photographing it.
That slice you see was devoured within a minute once our little photoshoot wrapped.
We split the slice three ways and upon first bite, we all looked at each other thinking, this cake would be a sure hit.Print
Peach, Date & Pecan Bundt
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
For the Peach Topping:
- 3 – 4 peaches – peeled and sliced
- 1 cup pitted dated
- 1 cups pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs. vanilla
- 2 tbs. marmalade
For the Cake:
- 21/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbs. vanilla
For the Drizzle:
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–2 tablespoons milk
For the Peach Topping:
- Place the dates, marmalade and pecans in a food processor and process. Place the peaches in a bowl with the vanilla and brown sugar and let soak while preparing the batter.
For the Cake:
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl; place the sugar, butter, canola oil and beat with a hand mixer. Add the vanilla, eggs and milk and once again beat with a hand mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients with the mixer on low.
- Butter a bundt pan; add the batter to the pan. Gently, push the peaches into the batter. Top the batter with the date mixture; gently pushing it into the batter.
- Bake 30 – 35 minutes or until the toothpick test comes out clean.
For the Drizzle:
- In a small bowl, bowl combine all ingredients for the dicing and drizzle liberally over cooled cake. Let the drizzle set for a few minutes and serve.
Enjoy with Love,
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
- Almond Rhubarb Bundt Cake from Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Aloha Bundt Cake from Olivia at Liv for Cake
- Apple Pecan Bundt Cake from Bea and Mara at I Love Bundt Cakes
- Apricot-Almond Bundt Cake from Cali at Cali’s Cuisine
- Banana Peanut Butter Bundt Cake from Jana at Jenny and Sweets
- Banana Monkey Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs at Los Chatos Chefs
- Banana Pecan Bundt with Bananas Foster Frosting from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Banana Split Bundt Cake from Andrea at Adventures in All Things Food
- Blueberry Cherry Coffee Cake with Walnut Streusel from Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cherry and Almond Bundt Cake from Lara at Tartacadabra
- Cherry and Nuts Bundt Cake from Diego at La Mejor Manera de Hacer
- Cherry and Sliced Almond Mini Bundt Cakes from Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Cherry Pistachio and Honey Bundt Cake from Ethel at eating in instead
- Cinnamon Raisin Coffee Cake from Vonnie at My Catholic Kitchen
- Eggless Mango Almond Bundt Cake from Shilpi at Simply Veggies
- Generra Bundt Cake from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Lemon Lime Pistachio Bundt Cake from Rocío at kidsandchic
- Orange and Pecan Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache from Deepti at Baking Yummies
- Orange Blossom Honey Nut and Blueberry Cake from Anshie at Spice Roots
- Peach and Pecan Bundt from Catherine at Living The Gourmet
- Peach Coffee Cake from Julie at Eat, Drink, Be Mighty
- Pineapple-Pecan Bundt Cake from Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Pineapple Sundae Bundt Cake from Colleen at Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Pomegranate and Pistachio Kugelhopf from Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Roasted Banana and Black Walnut Bundt Cake from Terri at Our Good Life
- Summer Fig Bundt from Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Vegan Orange Ripple Rhubarb Cake with Pistachio Sauce from June at How to Philosophize with Cake
I love to make Bundt Cakes. They are perfect for any occasion. This combination of peaches, dates and nuts looks delicious.
allie @ Through Her Looking Glass says
Absolutely delicious cake Catherine! Have never made a peach cake and now I have this great recipe! 🙂 I would’ve been snatching pecans during that photo shoot for sure….
I love bundt cakes, and this flavor combination sounds just lovely Catherine! Gorgeous cake!
Julie @ Eat, Drink, Be Mighty says
Another peach lover! Yes! That topping is just drop-dead gorgeous.
Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes says
I totally would have not been able to resist picking at that topping!! So delicious looking!
Big Daddy Dave says
Catherine, What a beautiful bundt cake! The topping is WOW for sure… I can’t believe the list of bundt cake variations you provided. I love bundt cake… Thanks and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
Denise | Sweet Peas & Saffron says
I can’t believe I haven’t made anything with peaches yet! This looks amazing, I could really go for a slice right now 🙂
Comedy Plus says
Oh my, this looks wonderful. It sounds wonderful. Such photography.
I’m back on LTG. I’m so happy about it too.
Have a fabulous day Catherine. Big hugs. ♥♥♥
Dottie Sauchelli-Balin says
All I can say is “Yummy in my tummy.” What a fabulous bundt cake this must be! Such a flavorful cake and chock full of nuts, peaches, dates, and the drizzle on top, Oh My! I don’t blame you for wanting to steal some of that goodness from the top of the cake. It also looks so beautiful and the photos I must say are always so awesome in anything you create. They are so inviting and mouthwatering, you just want to reach in the computer screen and taste whatever you and the family create. Thanks for sharing this, you are truly such a creative person. Blessing on this day and the weekend ahead.
I have no idea how is the taste, but Iwould like to take a bite!!
this bundt cake sounds delicious Catherine !xoxo
Patricia Conte says
You make the most beautiful cakes, and this one is no exception! I love, LOVE the flavors of this – the peaches, dates & pecans? Fabulous!
It sure looks delicious… Thanks for participating..
[email protected] Baking in Pyjamas says
Look at the juicy peach poking through the crumb, my mouth is water as I’m tying this. It looks so delicious!
Lauren @ Sew You Think You Can Cook says
Peaches are a perfect pair for pecans. <– wow there are a lot of Ps in that sentence! 😉
Alexandra Caspero says
This looks amazing! I can’t remember the last time I made a bundt cake. Wow! love all the flavors of this one.
Olivia @ livforcake says
I love love LOVE the look of this cake! I am honestly drooling here. From the initial pics I saw, I had no idea you flipped it back over! Good call, that topping is what’s making me drool. And holy crap that cut slice with the peach?? Heaven.
Wendy, A Day in the Life on the Farm says
You may have started a new trend…The upside down bundt cake….it looks lovely.
Cali @ Cali's Cuisine says
Very nicely put together! I’m new to the Bundt Bakers group and have not seen a bundt cake presented ‘upside down.’ Genious! Love your combo of peach and pecan with dates as well.
All of those lovely pecans are just screaming at me to bake this cake!!! Beautiful!
Lara Tartacadabra says
Hi Catherine and Tammy!!, your Bundt looks absolutely divine!!! The peach inside is just soooo beautiful, I think I found the perfect recipe for my next tea evening with my friends 😉 See you again next month!!
Yum, yum, YUM! With peach season upon us this is the perfect sweet dish to make. So glad you shared this with Roses of Inspiration. Have a delightful week!
Yummy!!! I love bundt cakes and your recipe sounds perfect!
Thanks for sharing.
Seems like all I ever make with peaches is cobbler. NOW I have a great alternative. Love the topping. Just makes that cake!
Tux | Brooklyn Homemaker says
What an amazing sounding combination of flavors! I LOVE fresh peaches in the summer. Ooooh I could dive in!
I can see those lovely peaches! What a beautiful cake Catherine!
Miz Helen says
This Bundt Cake is fabulous, I can say no more, just fabulous!! Hope you are having a fantastic day and we are so excited that you shared your post with Full Plate Thursday.
Thanks so much and Come Back Soon!
plasterers bristol says
This sounds lovely. Going to give this a go. thanks for sharing this recipe.