Add a little spice to your mornings with these home fries tossed with grilled jalapenos. Top with a fried egg, buttery toast, and a hot cup of coffee! Who’s better than you?!!
There really is nothing like the smell of breakfast cooking. The fresh coffee, toast, eggs; shall I go on….? It is the most comforting of meals to gather round and such a nice start to the weekend. I never get tired of preparing this meal or for that matter enjoying it as well.
Home Fries and Eggs
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 4 – 5 baked potatoes – diced – with skins
- 1/2 jalapeño – diced with or without seeds
- 1/2 red onion – sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley – chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Fresh Parmesan or Romano cheese for grating
- 2 – 3 tbs. olive oil
- Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil; add the onions, parsley, jalapeño and potatoes and sauté.
- Take a potato masher and gently mash the potatoes down. After 3 – 4 minutes; turn the potatoes over and sauté on the other side and once again gently mash down. Let the potatoes continue to cook until a nice crispness is reached.
- Prepare the eggs in a separate pan, as you like them.
- Serve with grated cheese, fresh black pepper and salt.