It is so easy to make your dinner a little extra special. I had lots of left over parsley from Thanksgiving and did not want it to go to waste. I usually do not like to fiddle with a nice piece of steak; however this was well received at my table and so easy.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 boneless sirloin steak
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1 – 2 cloves of garlic – depending on your taste
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2-3 tbs. olive oil
- 2-3 tbs. butter
- Place all of the above in a food processor and process.
- Rub the pesto on both sides of the steak and let the steak sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a large cast iron frying pan and place the steak in the pan. When the steak reaches a nice golden color on one side; flip and continue cooking on the other side.
- The feel of the steak tells you how well done the steak will be. When the steak is firm, it is well done. Remember this when cooking; especially if you do not like your steak well done!
Enjoy with Love,
**Linking up to these parties / Wow Us Wednesday