If you are much like everyone I know; and still not ready for Christmas, why not bake your presents?
These biscotti are made from yellow cake mix to make holiday baking even easier. Throw in some chopped craisins, orange zest, and drizzle with white chocolate to make them extra festive.
I have resolved to bake everyone a little something this year, because in my opinion there is nothing better than receiving a gift that is homemade and crafted with love.
Living the Gourmet
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 box (16.5 oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped craisins
- 1 teaspoon almond flavouring or extract
- 1 tablespoons orange zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/8 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients for the biscotti, and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half. Shape each portion into a 12x2-in. log on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Remove the logs and transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before slicing.
- Slice each log with a serrated knife diagonally into 1/2 -inch slices. Return to the baking sheets and bake for an addition 10-15 minutes, or until the biscotti are golden.
- Return to the cool rack and let cool completely.
- In a small bowl melt down the chocolate and shortening. Drizzle over biscotti.