So many apples and what to do….. .? Bake…bake…bake. This is a simple yet satisfying breakfast cake that goes perfectly with coffee or tea to start your day. It really is not too sweet and gets you started without fuss or muss at this busy time of year.
It has been a long night. Hours of research, re-design and still so much left to do.
There has been a mysterious, unauthorized pop-up ad that suddenly appeared two nights ago. We have done everything we could possibly think of to try and locate it’s source.
Has anyone been experiencing this lately? They are not small ads either. These ads take up both sides of the site, or just the right, covering our subscription bar at the bottom of the screen. It is frustrating and daunting.
Good thing for this cake. After a night like we had, it is nice to wake up to a slice of this with coffee. We are all set and ready to tackle the new day!
You may have also noticed our new look. Welcome to Foodie Pro. It is just fantastic! You will notice some new features and aspects added to the theme this week.
Not to worry though, this is just to make your viewability easier and more enjoyable.
Living the Gourmet
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 4 cups fresh apples – peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup raisins – chopped
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 tbs. vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups flour - sifted
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- Butter for greasing the baking dish
- 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of white sugar
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
- Place the apple chunks in a bowl with the brandy, chopped raisins and vanilla.
- Place all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk and canola oil and beat.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and incorporate. Fold in the apple mixture.
- Butter a baking dish and add the batter.
- Combine the ingredients for the topping and sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake 30 – 35 minutes or until the toothpick test comes out clean.
Enjoy with a good cup of coffee or tea.