As I have mentioned before in the past, cheesecake is a family favorite. There is always a homemade cheesecake to grace our table at family gatherings.
This Chocolate Topped Cheesecake is so simple to make and it comes just in time for the holidays.
**Adapted from The Lucky Santangelo Cookbook by Jackie Collins
10 minPrep Time
1 hr, 5 Cook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2-3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 – 8 oz. bricks of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Chocolate Syrup, for drizzle
- Chocolate Hazelnut candies, grated
- In the bowl of your food processor, pulse flour, oats, sugar and shortening until a fine crumbly mixture forms.
- Add cold water until a soft, pliable dough forms. Fit the dough to a pie plate and blind bake for about 12-15 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese until very smooth. Add the sugar and continue to beat for a minute or two. Add the eggs, one at a time, beat just until incorporated. Add the lemon zest, sour cream, milk and vanilla and beat just until incorporated.
- Bake the cheesecake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes or until the toothpick test comes out clean.
- Let your cheesecake cool completely before transferring to the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Garnish with chocolate syrup and grated chocolate candies before serving.
Enjoy with Love,