Happy Halloween all!
Tonight we’re sharing a recipe that is perfect for any ghoulish party – or cozy night in scaring yourself silly with horror flicks 😉
Ever since I made this salted caramel bundt, I haven’t stopped making caramel. It is so easy to make, and so very addictive.
This recipe is fun to prepare and even more so to munch on! I hope you enjoy and have a safe and wonderful Halloween!Print
Caramel Party Popcorn
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings 1x
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup mini pretzels
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate m&ms
- 3/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- Salt for taste
- 1 teaspoons Pumpkin Spice (optional)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, toss together peanuts, craisins, pretzels and m&ms. Divide the mixture between the two baking sheets. Set aside.
- In a large cast iron pot, heat cooking oil over high heat with one kernel inside. Once the kernel pops, add about ¾ cup popcorn kernels. Once the popping reduces, lower the heat to medium-low. When all the kernels have popped, remove the pot from stove and let it rest with the lid on.
- In the meantime, prepare your caramel sauce. Boil down sugar. Once the sugar begins to boil, add butter and whisk. When the butter has melted and the mixture is now thick, slowly add the whipping cream. Be sure to add the cream slowly as it will boil and may splatter.
- Whisk until a thick caramel sauce forms. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the popcorn to a large bowl. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, then pour the caramel over the popcorn and toss until the popcorn is completely coated with caramel. Divide the popcorn between the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Just until the caramel has set and all the ingredients have warmed. Be sure not to burn the popcorn.
- Transfer to a serving bowl sprinkle with salt if desired, and enjoy!
Enjoy with Love,
Tammy, Catherine & Michael