This is a breakfast, lunch or dinner that will satisfy and delight!!
What better way to start the week off than with a stack of pancakes served with a sweet and tangy blueberry ginger sauce?
Yields 4 Servings
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tbs. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups milk
- 3 tbs. canola oil
- Pat of butter for frying the pancakes
- Dollop of sour cream to top the pancakes
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 inch piece of ginger – grated
- 1 cup of water
- ¾ cup of sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine all of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry and mix. If the batter is too thick add more milk to thin out the batter. Add the milk a little at a time until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Heat a griddle with a pat of butter; when the griddle is hot ladle the batter onto the pan.
- When the bubbles appear in the pancakes; flip and finish cooking on the other side.
- Heat a small sauce pan. When the pan is hot add the sugar. The sugar will seem to burn; don’t worry. Add the water immediately and stir. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and orange zest.
- Turn the heat to low and while preparing the pancakes.
- Plate the pancakes. Top with a dollop of sour cream; the blueberry sauce and syrup.
Enjoy with Love,