I find omelets a comforting meal. They are uncomplicated and your imagination is limitless. Combine flavors that tickle your imagination. Make a good cup of coffee or tea to serve with it and sit down and rest a minute.
10 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 6 – 7 eggs – beaten with a splash of milk
- 3 – 4 apples – peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of shredded cheese – your favorite
- 3 – 4 tablespoons of honey – plus more for drizzling
- 5 – 6 fresh basil leaves – sliced thin
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Olive oil
- Crack the eggs in a large bowl with a splash of milk, salt and pepper and beat.
- In a separate bowl place the sliced apples, shredded cheese, basil and 3 – 4 tablespoons of honey and toss.
- Heat a round griddle pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Pour enough batter to almost fit the pan and swirl to make the circle even. When the eggs become firm gently loosen with a spatula and carefully flip. Leave for a few seconds and plate.
- Fill half of the circle with the apple-honey and cheese mixture cheese; fold over. Top with an extra apple and a drizzle of honey.
- Serve with a delicious cup of coffee or tea.