It’s been a perfect lazy Sunday. After a week of relentless fog and rain, the sun finally found its way through the clouds. The world is warm and bright again, and I have a feeling a trip to the beach is in the very near future 😉
I woke up with the sunlight streaming in from my window and onto my face. A cool late morning breeze blew in through the lace curtains…and the air was thick with something…sweet and delicious.
When I came down into the kitchen, I found my mom baking away and a plate of Chocolate Fudge Cookies on the table. How lucky am I?? 😉
In case you are wondering why Mom has been a little MIA this past week, and I am here today delivering these cookies to you in her place – it’s because LTG has a very big interview coming up this week and Mom has been hard at work preparing for it. So, stay tuned for Mom’s chat with White House Chef John Moeller! 😀
Ahem…but that is for another day. Back to the cookies…
Yields 2 dozen
5 minPrep Time
8 minCook Time
13 minTotal Time
- 1 (15.25) package Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter - softened
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon Neilsen Massey Vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips - dark chocolate or white
- 2 tablespoons Biscoff (or peanut butter)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Using a stand mixer or food processor, combine all of the ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon the dough onto prepared cookies sheets and press down gently with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.