Yields 4 Servings
5 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- 1 cup barley
- 15.5 oz. can black beans - drained
- 1 bunch scallions – chopped
- 1 bulb fennel – chopped fine
- ½ cup Italian parsley – chopped fine
- 2 tsp. ground Coriander
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese – shredded
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes – sliced
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- *Homemade Flatbread or store bought
- Prepare barley as directed.
- Gently heat a frying pan with the olive oil. Add the scallions, parsley and fennel and toss. Add the barley, beans, lemon juice and seasonings; toss again.
- Gently heat the wrap and cover with the shredded cheese. Add the barley salad, tomato slices and fold.
*View my recipe for Homemade Flatbreads here >>