This month, #BundtBakers join forces to bring you a delicious array of bundts that feature fruit and nuts.
This classic vanilla bundt features fresh, seasonal peaches finished with a date and pecan topping and simple icing drizzle.
This month’s hostess with the mostess is Shilpi of the blog, Simply Veggies.
Our theme is fruit and nuts, as mentioned above. I could not think of a better theme for the month of July.
With all the abundance of fruit in season and on hand, I could not decide between peaches or cherries. I ultimately chose peaches because I think they pair so perfectly with pecans. On a last minute whim, I threw in dates- just what this cake needed.
It is moist and rich with flavor. The sweet fruit cuts right into the vanilla base, and it all comes full circle with the pecans and simple icing drizzle on top.
When the bundt finished cooking and was cooled, I couldn’t possible flip it over and conceal that beautiful topping, so I flipped it again and served it upside-down.
The toughest part about this cake was keeping myself from picking at that irresistible topping while photographing it.
That slice you see was devoured within a minute once our little photoshoot wrapped.
We split the slice three ways and upon first bite, we all looked at each other thinking, this cake would be a sure hit.
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 3 – 4 peaches – peeled and sliced
- 1 cup pitted dated
- 1 cups pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs. vanilla
- 2 tbs. marmalade
- 21/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbs. vanilla
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Place the dates, marmalade and pecans in a food processor and process. Place the peaches in a bowl with the vanilla and brown sugar and let soak while preparing the batter.
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl; place the sugar, butter, canola oil and beat with a hand mixer. Add the vanilla, eggs and milk and once again beat with a hand mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients with the mixer on low.
- Butter a bundt pan; add the batter to the pan. Gently, push the peaches into the batter. Top the batter with the date mixture; gently pushing it into the batter.
- Bake 30 – 35 minutes or until the toothpick test comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, bowl combine all ingredients for the dicing and drizzle liberally over cooled cake. Let the drizzle set for a few minutes and serve.
Enjoy with Love,
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
- Almond Rhubarb Bundt Cake from Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Aloha Bundt Cake from Olivia at Liv for Cake
- Apple Pecan Bundt Cake from Bea and Mara at I Love Bundt Cakes
- Apricot-Almond Bundt Cake from Cali at Cali’s Cuisine
- Banana Peanut Butter Bundt Cake from Jana at Jenny and Sweets
- Banana Monkey Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs at Los Chatos Chefs
- Banana Pecan Bundt with Bananas Foster Frosting from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Banana Split Bundt Cake from Andrea at Adventures in All Things Food
- Blueberry Cherry Coffee Cake with Walnut Streusel from Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cherry and Almond Bundt Cake from Lara at Tartacadabra
- Cherry and Nuts Bundt Cake from Diego at La Mejor Manera de Hacer
- Cherry and Sliced Almond Mini Bundt Cakes from Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Cherry Pistachio and Honey Bundt Cake from Ethel at eating in instead
- Cinnamon Raisin Coffee Cake from Vonnie at My Catholic Kitchen
- Eggless Mango Almond Bundt Cake from Shilpi at Simply Veggies
- Generra Bundt Cake from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Lemon Lime Pistachio Bundt Cake from Rocío at kidsandchic
- Orange and Pecan Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache from Deepti at Baking Yummies
- Orange Blossom Honey Nut and Blueberry Cake from Anshie at Spice Roots
- Peach and Pecan Bundt from Catherine at Living The Gourmet
- Peach Coffee Cake from Julie at Eat, Drink, Be Mighty
- Pineapple-Pecan Bundt Cake from Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Pineapple Sundae Bundt Cake from Colleen at Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Pomegranate and Pistachio Kugelhopf from Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Roasted Banana and Black Walnut Bundt Cake from Terri at Our Good Life
- Summer Fig Bundt from Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Vegan Orange Ripple Rhubarb Cake with Pistachio Sauce from June at How to Philosophize with Cake