This honey bundt is more bread than cake. Served with fresh cream & warm sweet apples, it is perfect in the morning with coffee or in the evening!
It may not seem it by the looks of the upcoming weather forecast, but summer is winding down my friends.
I am half relieved, half reluctant by the sudden realization that just dawned on me while preparing this bundt.
You see, I must admit, I lost track of time this month. I’ve been in an ‘early August’ state of mind, but as the saying goes, the days are long but the years are short.
So there I was, late Tuesday afternoon, kicking up my feet after a long day of work when I referred to my calendar book- Bundt Bakers due – Thursday, August 18. I think my heart skipped a little beat. I was exhausted but had a feeling of relief, thinking I had almost gotten through the busy half of the week.
Well, the joke was on me.
Wendy from the delightful site, A Day in the Life on the Farm is our gracious hostess this month and the theme of the month is apples.
Maybe it’s because I had barely 48 hours, but I wanted this month’s bundt to be especially good. I wanted to present something different to the group.
As I sat back in the chair, I wondered to myself, what if I didn’t make a bundt cake, but rather, a bundt loaf?
Yes. Something light, filled with the aromas of fresh apples, sweet honey and warm cinnamon.
Early yesterday morning, the kitchen was filled with flour, drippings of honey over the bowl and a warm, yeasty dough on the rise.
This bundt bread is a perfect accompaniment to the early mornings of the late season.
I’ll blissfully sit beside the window, watching the dusty morning rays break through the hedges, with a slice of this bread and cup of warm coffee.
With either a dollop of fresh cream and apples or butter with jam, this Apple Honey Blossom Bundt is a delicious loaf to add to your bake list for the Fall.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Apple Almond Coffee Cake with Honey Glaze by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple and Toasted Pecan Bundt Cake with Rum Syrup by Patty’s Cake
- Apple Crumble Bundt by Jane’s Adventure in Dinner
- Apple French Cruller Bundt Cake by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Apple Honey Blossom Bundt by Living the Gourmet
- Apple Sharlotka Bundt Cake by Spiceroots
- Apple Spice Bundt with Salted Caramel Sauce by kidsandchic
- Apple Streusel Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Apple~Cream Cheese Bundt Cake by The Queen of Scones
- Chocolate Chip Apple Cake by Making Miracles
- Cinnamon Apple Streusel Cake by Tea and Scones
- Cinnamon Pecan Applesauce Bundt Cake by Magnolia Days
- Clotted Cream & Apple Spice Bundt by Baking in Pyjamas
- Double Caramel Apple Bundt by The Crumby Cupcake
- Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy Apple Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Jewish Apple Cake by I love Bundt Cakes
- Jewish Praline Pecan Apple Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lighter Jewish Apple Cake by Cookaholic Wife
Enjoy with Love!