Labor Day. What an oddly named holiday, the Day of Labor whose position on the calendar also just so happens to mark summer’s end and the renewal of our busiest schedules as if to add ‘official insult’ to ‘metaphoric injury’ of the closure of the vacation season.
That said, preparation for autumn has been something of a running theme here for the past several weeks. Let’s be honest, whether it’s clinging to the air conditioners until their spewing snow, or drinking our mason jarred iced teas well into first of many artic storms, we all want to cling to whatever bits of summer that we can for as long as we can, as if by this act of defiance we were someone clinging to some remnant of our lazy nights and drowsy mornings.
Or…perhaps that’s just me.
Nevertheless, perhaps certain parts of the summer are worth clinging to. For example, as the post-Labor Day season becomes increasingly more laborious, it can be achingly tempting to cut corners around meal time both for the sake of one’s schedule as well as for the sake of ease. However, that’s not a trade-off that one needs to make.
And that’s precisely where today’s recipe comes in, Broccoli and Tuna set over a bed of fettuccine, a quick but delicious meal for the weeknight, which is both light and packed with protein.
The recipe really couldn’t be easier. To start things off, we gently boil or steam the broccoli crowns, and sauté garlic and sun dried tomatoes in olive oil. We then add the fettuccine and broccoli to the sautéed garlic and sun dried tomatoes. Plate the fettuccine; top with the Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore, grated Parmesan cheese, a drizzle of olive oil, the juice of a lemon, red pepper flakes and fresh ground black pepper.
See, couldn’t be easier, and all in less than thirty minutes.
What are some of the ways you fit in healthy delicious meals into a busy schedule? We would love to hear from you?
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 5 oz. can of Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Oil , drained
- 2 crowns of fresh broccoli – cut into florets; gently boil or steam
- 3 – 4 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 7 – 8 sun-dried tomatoes – sliced thin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lb. of fettuccine
- Olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. Red pepper flakes
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Gently boil or steam the broccoli to desired tenderness; drain and set aside.
- Prepare the fettuccine as directed; set aside.
- Heat a cast iron frying pan with 3 – 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and sun dried tomatoes; sauté until the garlic is fragrant.
- Turn the heat off and add the fettuccine and broccoli to the sautéed garlic and sun dried tomatoes and toss.
- Plate the fettuccine and top with the Bumble Bee Tuna a drizzle of olive oil and the lemon juice.
- Finish the plate with grated Parmesan cheese, fresh ground black pepper and a dash of red pepper flakes.
Enjoy with Love,
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.