Nothing says, ‘I love you’ more than a homemade gift. Surprise those you love with these Jell-o sugar cookies.
These cherry jell-o cookies have easily become one of my favorite cookies to make – and give!
They are fun and easy, so make an occasion out of them and bake these with your little ones on Valentine’s Day.Print
Jell-O Valentine’s Day Cookies
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 6 oz. of cherry flavored Jell-0
- 3 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sugar – plus extra for dipping the cookies in
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 1 egg
- Preheat Oven 375 degrees.
- Beat together the sugar, egg, vanilla and shortening; add the Jell-0 to this mixture and continue to beat.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; slowly add this to the sugar mixture while beating.
- Form into a ball and on a clean floured surface roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out the heart shapes and dip in the sugar.
- Bake 7 – 10 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges.
- Let cool on a rack.
Enjoy with Love,