This bundt is rich and moist with the fresh flavors of oranges and coconut. Drizzled with a citrus infused glaze and toasted coconut, it is a slice of tropical heaven on a cold January afternoon.
Welcome to the first #BundtBakers of 2015. I am so pleased to be a part of this month’s event, especially since the theme was coconut – which happens to be one of my absolute favorites!
An orange coconut cake immediately came to mind. Within minutes, I had mapped out a recipe, though it took two tries to perfect it.
Well, it was well worth it. I know you will agree when you try it! Enjoy!
Living the Gourmet
10 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Butter for greasing the bundt pan
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted sweetened coconut for garnish
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl, mix together all of the wet ingredients. Slowly mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients while stirring.
- Mix together with a hand mixer.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until the toothpick test comes out clean.
- When cooled gently loosen the edges and remove from pan.
- Mix together the powdered sugar, orange juice and vanilla. Set aside.
- Heat a small heavy frying pan. Add the shredded coconut to the pan and let the coconut get a golden color. Drizzle the glaze over the bundt then sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.
Here are today’s Coconut themed Bundt Bakers:
Almond Joy Bundtlettes from Sew You Think You Can Cook
Candy Bar Chocolate Coconut Bundt Cake from Love and Confections
Chocolate Italian Cake from Magnolia Days
Coconut & Banana Bundt Cake from Just One Bite Baking
Coconut Banana Bundt Cake from Basic N Delicious
Coconut Carrot Bundt Cake from Media Racion Doble, Por Favor
Coconut Cream Bundt Cake from Adventures in All Things Food
Coconut Hummingbird Bundt Cake from Patty’s Cake
Coconut Milk Bundt Cake from I Love Bundt Cakes
Coconut Milk Bundt Cake from Un Mordisco Un Pecado
Coconut Oil Pound Cake from The Spiced Life
Coconut Sugar Banana Cake from A Kingdom for a Cake
Cranberry and Coconut Bundt Cake from La Cocina de Aisha
Cranberry, Orange and Coconut Bundt Cake from Kids & Chic
German Chocolate Bundt Cake from The Freshman Cook
Glazed Chocolate Macaroon Bundt Cake from Food Lust People Love
Gluten-free Coconut Orange Bundt Cake with Coconut Whipped Cream from Cassie’s Kitchen
Gizzada Mini Bundts from Passion Kneaded
Key Lime Coconut Cream Bundt from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Mini Samoa Bundt Cakes from Making Miracles
Orange & Coconut Bundt Cake from Living the Gourmet
Oreo Coconut Bundt Cake from Indian Curries/Stew
Pina Colada Bundt Cake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Rhubarb n Rose Coconut Frosted Bundt Cake from Baking in Pyjamas
Rum Bundt Cake with Coconut and Lime from Bourbon and Brown Sugar
Toasted Coconut and Sweet Potato Bundt from Tea and Scones
Toasted Coconut Lime Bundt Cake with Chili Lime Glaze from Brooklyn Homemaker