This cake got rave reviews at the table. It is easy to make and looks so pretty. So if you need a pretty cake to brighten your holiday table and one that will have the guests thinking “Martha visited” this is the one!
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 – 4 slices fresh pineapple – cut into pieces
- 11/2 cups pineapple juice
- Butter for greasing the baking dish
- Brown sugar for dusting the pineapple pieces
- Maraschino cherries for placing around the pineapple pieces
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
- In a mix-master combine the cream cheese and sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add the eggs; one at a time and continue to mix on low. Add the canola oil, vanilla and slowly add the pineapple juice.
- In a bowl; combine the flour, baking powder and cake mix. Slowly, add this to the mixing bowl, while on low.
- Butter a 9-inch pie plate.
- Place the pineapple pieces at the bottom of the pie plate and dot with the maraschino cherries and dust with the brown sugar. Pour the batter over the pineapple.
- Bake 45 – 50 minutes or until the middle is set and the toothpick test comes out clean.
- Gently loosen the edges of the cake with a butter knife. Place a large plate over the pie dish and gently turn upside down. Let the cake loosen and fall onto the plate. Be patient.