Thank you to Panasonic for sponsoring this post. We received this product for review. All opinions expressed are our own.
How was your Christmas?
I still cannot believe it is over already. To be honest, I still feel like I am in celebration mode. I am in no way ready to take down the decorations.
The day-after is always best though because of all those leftovers. We look forward to sharing the recipes of our Christmas feast with you this week. First up are these Oven Roasted Tomato Pizzas.
Panasonic was kind enough to send us over their beautiful FlashXpress Toaster Oven, and it arrived just in time for the holidays!
The FlashXpress does so much more than just heat-up food, it comes with several cooking options, as well as a manual mode where you can set the time and temperature to suit your needs.
We used the manual mode and made mini pizzas. 15 minutes later in the FlashXpress, our pizzas were golden and bubbly.
I found this perfect recipe from Food & Wine for Neapolitan doughs. The recipe calls for five doughs, but we froze some for New Years 😉
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2-3 tbs. olive oil
- 1 fresh pizza dough (I used Food & Wine's Neapolitian Pizza Dough recipe)
- 8 oz. mozzarella – shredded
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking pan and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until slightly charred.
- Let the tomatoes cool.
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, parsley, seasonings and olive oil in a food processor and give a few good chops.
- Place the pizza dough on the pan to the Panasonic Toaster Oven; top with the sauce and cheese. Set the timer for 12 minutes or a little longer for a more golden color pizza; depending on your liking.
Tammy & Catherine