Christmas is at last upon us. That said, we wish to share with you our favorite holiday treat – homemade spiced cider.
Cooked in a crockpot, set this up the on Christmas Eve and wake up to a house filled with the warm aroma of spices, apples and citrus.
Merry Christmas dear friends. We wish you and your dear ones a beautiful and blessed holiday season. May your holiday be filled with joy and love.
5 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 5 Total Time
- 5 small apples or 3 large apples, sliced in half
- 2 medium oranges, sliced into quarters
- 1/2 cup whole fresh cranberries
- 3 whole star anise
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- A dash of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teabags (I used vanilla chai but any flavor will do)
- Fill the pot of your slow cooker with water.
- Add sliced fruit, spices and sugar. Cover and turn on low if making the night before. If you choose to make this the morning of, cook on high for about 6 hours.
- Serve hot or cold.