Certain dishes can whisk you far and away. The flavors and aromas transport you, and that is the magic of cooking.
This simple yet elegant meal is sure to take you to Italy for the evening!
Yields 4 Servings
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 stalks celery – chopped
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic – chopped
- 1 quart button mushrooms – quartered
- ½ c. cilantro or Italian parsley – chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1 tsp. Vegeta seasoning
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¾ cup water
- 1 lb. of fettuccini
- Grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil; add the celery, garlic, mushrooms, salt, pepper and dried oregano. Sauté, until the mushrooms get a slightly golden color and the garlic is fragrant.
- In a small bowl combine the water, Vegeta seasoning, lemon juice, butter and cilantro or Italian parsley. With the heat on low, add this mixture to the mushroom pan and keep the heat on low while preparing the fettuccini as directed.
- Drain the fettuccini and place in a serving bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of red pepper flakes. Pour the mushroom sauce over the fettuccini and toss; top with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.