When preparing a sauce the flavors run through your mind of what will suit your mood and your palate. Sometimes you may be feeling bold and sometimes you are feeling quite subtle. There are times you need to transport yourself in the blink of an eye to a vineyard in Italy or a café in France or the want to be near the rolling of the ocean meeting the shoreline. Food and the atmosphere that you lend have the ability to sweep you off without ever leaving your home. The music and the food will work magic.
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 29 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 long hot pepper – chopped with seeds
- 1 sweet onion – diced
- ½ cup fresh Italian parsley – chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1 tsp. Vegeta chicken stock powder plus ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. capers
- 3-4 tbs. red wine
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ lb. sliced salami – slice into strips
- 3-4 slices provolone – slice into strips
- Romano cheese for grating
- 2-3 tbs. olive oil and more for drizzling
- 2 lbs. of your favorite spaghetti
- Heat a large frying pan with 2 tbs. of olive oil. Add the hot pepper, onion, parsley and garlic; sauté until the onions are softened and the garlic is fragrant. Add the crushed tomatoes; the seasonings and simmer on a low heat.
- In a food processor combine the cream cheese, capers plus a tbs. of caper juice, Vegeta chicken stock powder mix with a ¼ cup of water, red wine and the juice of 1 lemon. Process this mixture until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the sauce and toss. Turn the heat very low.
- Prepare the spaghetti as directed while preparing the sauce and cream cheese mixture.
- Plate the spaghetti in a serving platter. Drizzle a little olive oil; add the sliced provolone and salami and toss with the creamy sauce.
- Serve with grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.