A hearty and satisfying sandwich is pure comfort.
Fried Chicken Panini Featuring Mezzetta Peppers
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- 2 Boneless and Skinless chicken thighs
- All-purpose flour
- Canola oil
- 1/2 lb. Deli ham slices
- 1/2 lb. Deli Swiss cheese
- 1 sliced fresh tomato
- Mezzetta Tri-color Roasted Sweet Bell Pepper Strips
- Mezzetta Hot Cherry Peppers
- 4 slices European style bread
- Dredge the chicken thighs in flour.
- Heat a large frying pan with about a quarter of an inch of canola oil.
- Carefully place the floured chicken thighs in the heated oil. Do not overcrowd the pan. When the thighs reach a golden color on one side; turn over and finish cooking on the other side. This should take approximately 5-6 minutes per side; depending on how thick the thighs are. The juices should run clear when the chicken is cooked.
- Heat the panini grill or heat a heavy cast iron frying pan.
- Place a slice of cheese on each slice of the bread; followed by one to two ham slices, on each slice of the bread; followed by one to two tomato slices on each slice of the bread; followed the hot cherry peppers on one slice of the bread and tri-colored roasted sweet bell pepper strips on the other slice of the bread. Finally, place a fried chicken thigh on one slice and the bread and close the sandwich.
- Butter the sandwich on the top and the bottom; close the panini grill. When the sandwich is golden it is ready to eat.
- If you do not have a panini grill; you may heat a heavy frying pan and place the buttered sandwich on the frying pan and place another heavy frying pan on top of the sandwich. Flip the sandwich when it is golden on one side and finish grilling the other side.