We have all been there. It’s a Saturday night and you’re wondering what to eat….
Beans…eggs…lettuce…cheese…that is a wrap! How about this delicious Black Bean and Eggs Wrap? Simple and light; perfect for a last minute fix!
Yields 4 Servings
- 1 large onion – sliced
- 4 – 5 vine ripe tomatoes – diced
- 4 – 5 cloves garlic – chopped
- 1 jalapeño – chopped with seeds
- 2 carrots - diced
- 29 oz. can black beans – drained
- ½ cup of Italian parsley – chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbs. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 2-3 tbs. olive oil
- 7 eggs – beaten with a splash of water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. butter
- *Homemade Flatbread (or store bought)
- Your favorite salad greens
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese – or your choice of cheese
- Heat a large cast iron frying pan with the olive oil; add the onions, carrots, garlic and jalapeño. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the garlic fragrant; then add the tomatoes and seasonings and sauté on a low heat until the tomatoes soften.
- Add the beans and simmer on a low heat for about 20 – 25 minutes; add the vinegar and lime juice and continue to simmer while preparing the wraps and eggs.
- Assemble as follows:
- Salad greens
- Shredded cheese
- Add the chopped parsley before serving and taste for seasoning.
- Heat a large griddle with the olive oil and butter. Pour the eggs on the griddle and let cook until firm.