This month the #BundtBakers are bringing out their best lemon bunts. In true LTG style, we kicked this classic lemon cake up a notch by infusing it with fresh lemon and mint, then topping it off with a Limoncello drizzle.
Anne of From My Sweet Heart is leading the pack this month. When it comes to desserts, Anne is queen in my opinion so it only seems right that she should be in charge of a bundt bakers group.
It’s hard to believe that we are already halfway through June, but lemons are a perfect way to welcome the warm weather.
These sunny bright fruits have inspired many fabulous cakes this month, so be sure to check below for inspiration!
We started with a basic vanilla cake recipe, then swapped the vanilla for lemon. The finishing touch to the batter was the fresh mint we pulled from the garden. The batter should be light and airy, but thick enough.
The best part was filling our new mini bundt pan because we are all about individual servings when it comes to cake 😉
Once the cakes were cooled, we turned them over and topped each off with a Limoncello Drizzle.
The result was nothing short of delicious. Mom likened these little gems to Twinkie cakes. I think that is the ultimate compliment.
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon limoncello
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon simple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (not on convection).
- Butter a mini bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour and sugar set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, water and mint. Add to the dry ingredients until a smoothy, airy batter forms.
- Divide the batter between the cake molds. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until edges are golden and cake tester comes out clean. Let cool completely in the pan on top of a cooling rack. Once cooled, gently turn each bundt onto a cake plate.
- Add 1 cup water and 1/4 cup sugar to a small saucepan. Add about 4 lemon slices and bring to a boil. Strain and serve the lemon simple syrup.
- In a small bowl, whisk together icing sugar and limoncello. Add 1-2 tablespoons of lemon simple syrup depending on how thick you want your icing to be. Drizzle liberally over each bundt. Serve and enjoy!
Tammy & Catherine
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board right here.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.
- Bee’s Knees Lemon Honey Bundt from Food Lust People Love
- Blueberry-Lemon Breakfast Bundt from Cali’s Cuisine
- Bundt Cake de Limón from La Mejor Manera de Hacer
- Eggless Lemon Bundt Cake from Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Extra Lemon Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs
- Lavender Lemon Cake from Magnolia Days
- Lemon & Lime Cheese Bundt Cake from Un Mordisco Un Pecado
- Lemon Apple Upside Down Bundt Cake from Simply Veggies
- Lemon Basil Bundt Cake from Tartacadabra
- Lemon Bundt Cake from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake with Tart Lemon Glaze from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Lemon Confetti Bundt Cake from Our Good Life
- Lemon Curd Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze from I Love Bundt Cakes
- Lemon Honey Bundt Cake from Brunch with Joy
- Lemon Marble Bundt Cake from Jenny and Sweets
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake from Liv for Cake
- Lemon Poppy Seeds Bundt Cake from La Cocina de Aisha
- Lemon Poppyseed Bundt from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Rhubarb Bundt Cake from From Gate to Plate
- Lemon Ricotta and Poppyseed Bundt Cake from Spice Roots
- Lemon Ricotta Bundt Cake from Love and Confections
- Lemon-Cranberry Poppyseed Bundt Cake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Mini Limoncello Bundts from Living the Gourmet
- Pink Lemon Pound Cake from Making Miracles
- Pink Lemonade Bundt from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Rhubarb Pound Cake Bundt with Lemon Glaze from Brooklyn Homemaker
- Soft Lemon Rosemary Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Spring Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake from Adventures in All Things Food
- Strawberry Lemonade Bundt Cake from Baking and Creating with Avril
- Sweet Lemon Bundt with Blackberry Glaze from From My Sweet Heart