Happy Easter my Chickadees!!!
I have presented you with an Easter cake that will bring a smile to the toughest bunny in your bunch as you sit at the table and enjoy. Make memories that last through the years; remember good memories are the priceless gift you give each other. Be kind and be generous and fill your heart as you fill the hearts of others.
Thank you to the Peeps Marshmallow Company for helping to make my Easter holiday delightfully sweet!
**I was given these products for review. I was not financially compensated for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
Yields 10-12 servings
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup corn oil
- 1 tbs. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 ½ cups shredded carrots
- ¼ cup raisins – chopped
- ¼ cup chocolate chips - chopped
- ¼ cup milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup shredded coconut – toasted
- Peeps Marshmallow Candy for decorating
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
- Using the shredding blade of a food processor shred the carrots and set aside.
- Using a food processor combine the sugars, oil, milk, vanilla and the eggs. Stir in the carrots, raisins, chocolate chips and the flour.
- Prepare two 8 inch baking pans with butter and flour and pour the batter evenly into the pans.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes or until the toothpick test comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool before gently removing from the pan.
- In a small frying pan gently brown the coconut.
- In a medium bowl, using and electric hand mixer, blend the cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and salt until creamy.
- Place one cake on a cake plate or stand and frost the middle, top with the remaining cake and frost the entire cake.
- Place the toasted coconut around the sides of the cake.
**Adapted from: The Lucky Santangelo Cookbook.